title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Time ticks on but nothing happens

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Time ticks on but nothing happens

I am running win2k sp3

I have installed dbPowerAmp v9a with powerpack, WMA, and RA codecs

I launch the converter, select 1 or more files, select conversion options and the popup says progress is 0%, time ticks by, no file is created in the target directory. My source files are RA. Target format doesn't seem to make a difference. I did install the codec before I installed RealAudio. After it didn't work, I re-installed the converter and codecs but hasn't seemed to help.

I let it run all night and still nothing. When I try to cancel, I get a dialog confirming that I want to cancel but the program does not shut down regardless of which button (yes/no) is pushed. I have to use TaskManager to stop the program.

Any suggestions?
  • daren
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Do you have any trouble converting other file types
    (e.g. mp3, wav, etc..) to other formats?

Best regards,
    Daren.

Comment

• DGrow
      • Aug 2002

Me too

I have the same problem with .asf files. Time just ticks (even over night) and nothing happens.

DG

Comment

• June
        • Apr 2002

I think I read somewhere that converting .ra files happens in real time, and that the meter stays at 0% until it's finished.

I've converted several .ra's and that's how it works here. If it's a 30 min .ra file, it takes 30 minutes to convert. Dbpoweramp is one of the few nifty programs that alllows .ra conversion, so I'm very happy to have it.

As long as .mp3's and other formats are being converted rapidly, I'd assume your dbpoweramp convertor's working well.

Cheers,

June

Comment

Working...

]]>