title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting iTunes m4p to mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monstaa
    • Jan 2005

Converting iTunes m4p to mp3

I thought I'd add my 2 cents here. As has been previously posted, one way is to burn mp4's to a cd, then rip the cd to mp3.

A simpler way, and the way I've been using, is to use a sound recorder program. These programs will record anything that comes through your soundcard to mp3 or wav or whatever format you choose.

Two that I'm familiar with are Total Recorder from www.highcriteria.com and Audio Record Wizard from www.nowsmart.com/arwizard , which is the one I use currently.

Pretty Simple. You start the recorder, start playing the song in iTunes, stop the recorder when the song ends, then save the song file.

If you don't have perfect timing, you may have some dead space at the beginning or end of a song, and need to edit it a bit. There are a number of sound editors that do this well. I used to use Cool Edit Pro [now Adobe Audition]; these days I use Goldwave, which also works beautifully to level song volumes

As a bonus, these programs will record streaming audio, or any input to your sound card [turntable, cassette player, microphone etc.]

Sorry If this info is posted elsewhere; Hope this helps.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Converting iTunes m4p to mp3

Originally posted by Monstaa
    I thought I'd add my 2 cents here. As has been previously posted, one way is to burn mp4's to a cd, then rip the cd to mp3.

A simpler way, and the way I've been using, is to use a sound recorder program. These programs will record anything that comes through your soundcard to mp3 or wav or whatever format you choose.

Two that I'm familiar with are Total Recorder from www.highcriteria.com and Audio Record Wizard from www.nowsmart.com/arwizard , which is the one I use currently.

Pretty Simple. You start the recorder, start playing the song in iTunes, stop the recorder when the song ends, then save the song file.

If you don't have perfect timing, you may have some dead space at the beginning or end of a song, and need to edit it a bit. There are a number of sound editors that do this well. I used to use Cool Edit Pro [now Adobe Audition]; these days I use Goldwave, which also works beautifully to level song volumes

As a bonus, these programs will record streaming audio, or any input to your sound card [turntable, cassette player, microphone etc.]

Sorry If this info is posted elsewhere; Hope this helps.
    The same principle as dMC Auxiliary Input. :D

The only trouble is that both are real time plus fumbling time and no batch processing as such.

Comment

Working...

]]>