title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Local Freedb Errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Local Freedb Errors

Originally posted by neilthecellist
    is that just a rule that Microsoft set in? only 65,000 files?
    It's what can be addressed with 16 bits: 2**16 = 65536

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

WHOA! I un-der-stand (lol, splitting the syllables) what you're saying! We learned about bits the second week in computer programming!!

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
        WHOA! I un-der-stand (lol, splitting the syllables) what you're saying! We learned about bits the second week in computer programming!!
        Hmmm.... Should we celebrate this sudden awakening? :D :komisch9:

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Ahh, apparently neil is now the forum's red-headed stepchild. :D
          That is.. minus being red-headed and being a stepchild. And the constant abuse. Ahh, forget it. We'll just label him the "forum n00b" and be done with it.

Comment

• 9thlife
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
            The problem is (and this is why there are 2 databases), for older windows (and possibly any over the network), you cannot have more than 65,000 files per folder and the freedb data did. The windows db combines records to keep the file count down.
            Many thanks for that Spoon. I'd worked my way thru' the Freedb site & read the same thing.
            That was why I built this computer & started messing with *NIX operating systems & installed the full database on top over Fedora.
            But I still don't see why being on a LAN talking to a Linux system is any different to connecting to Freedb over the internet? Surely my machine is behaving as my own local server?

Comment

Working...

]]>