title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Read script from WMV?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeRip
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2004

Read script from WMV?

I realize this is off topic, but: Is there a simple tool that will show me the script embedded in a WMV file?

I don't need to edit it, I just want to know what the script is trying to do.

Thanks,

Joe
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Read script from WMV?

Originally posted by JoeRip
    I realize this is off topic, but: Is there a simple tool that will show me the script embedded in a WMV file?

I don't need to edit it, I just want to know what the script is trying to do.

Thanks,

Joe
    Sorry, I don't understand. What script would that be?

Are you perhaps referring to the meta file (type .asx or .wvx) that can be used to stream a .wmv file? Various things can be added to that meta file which will show up in WIndows Media Player as the file is being played: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...solutions.aspx
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 01-18-2005, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• donny
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Oct 2002

Re: Read script from WMV?

no I think that we are talking about scripts in wmv... I'm not sure about it, but I think that there are way to insert scripts into wmv, to ,for example, open a file or run a presentation, which was intended to give it a higher level of multimedia presentations, and of course it is not used by anyone except the hackers

Comment

Working...

]]>