title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't Delete New Converted File...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Can't Delete New Converted File...

Hi there,

I'm new to dpPowerAMP, I just downloaded it about 5 minutes ago and installed it, so sorry if I sound stupid... however, as a test I converted a WMA file into an MP3 (using LAME). It seemed to work fine, except that I wanted to reduce the quality (to make the file size smaller). So therefore I decided to DELETE the new MP3 file and try to convert the WMA file once again. This time I got an error message stating that there was an error with the CODEC. No problem I came to this site and read a suggestion to resintall the dpPowerAMP application... so I did.

The CODEC errors are gone, but I cannot delete the 0 byte MP3 file from my hard drive. How could this be? I've tried a number of things including:
    (a) restarting and shutdown my Windows XP,
    (b) check to ensure the file is not "Read Only" file [which is not],
    (c) used dMC Config utility to turn off all the Windows Shell Integration options, but still I cannot delete the file. Here is the error message I get from Windows:

"Cannot delete song.mp3, it is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."

Okay... but I don't have anything open which might be using the 0 byte MP3 file on my hard drive. I've turned everything off. What could be causing this problem?? Please help. I now have four 0 byte MP3 files which I cannot delete.

Thanks! I'm using dMC release 9a, with PowerPack 3, LAME MP3 version 3.92, and WMA V8 release 4 plugins.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Very odd, you can try starting windows - hold the left shift key as soon as it says it is logging on (this stops windows from running any programs) - then delete the files.

You might want to check out www.sysinternals.com there is a program there called ProcessView - run it - change its view to 'Handles' and have a look at the processes to see what has those files open, I am quite sure it is not dMC.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>