title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Glitch In Compressed wav files

Re: Glitch In Compressed wav files

Christina - Have you embedded .wma files in a web page so that the player is invisible? If so, what HTML code did you use to make that happen? I know how to imbed the file with a large or small player visible and have the files open by themselves, but I'd dearly like to eliminate the player to discourage downloading on some pages. Thanks.

Bob

dBpoweramp Guru

gimme a website that has embedded , tell me how to take screenshots, and i'll prove it to you. :D

Quote Originally Posted by neilthecellist
    gimme a website that has embedded , tell me how to take screenshots, and i'll prove it to you. :D
    Hit the printscreen key and then paste the results into a program like MSPaint or Photoshop or whatever. Save it and send it. Instant screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by bob1941
    Christina - Have you embedded .wma files in a web page so that the player is invisible? If so, what HTML code did you use to make that happen? I know how to imbed the file with a large or small player visible and have the files open by themselves, but I'd dearly like to eliminate the player to discourage downloading on some pages. Thanks.

Bob
    Yes, I do that often. I do still like to keep a bit of the player visible for just turning off the audio though. You can just make it hidden.

Code:
    <EMBED SRC="somefile.wma" HIDDEN="false" LOOP=False AUTOPLAY="true" AUTOSTART="true" width=200 height=40></embed>
    This shows a small bar with play, stop and next and previous buttons available in case you're playing a meta-file (.wax or .asx) of several songs instaead of just one or just the .wma file. This of course also works with mp3 or midi.

My intsructions work in IE for all types of files and in Firefox for some of them (not midi apparently - in FF that needs to be embedded indirectly as a .wax of .asx file with the midi file pointed to).

Here's an example with a midi file: http://songwriters-chat.webado.com/fun/illusions.shtml

And another with a .wma file : http://www.melinas-music.com/Lyrics/Melina-LEON.shtml

And another with a .wax file: http://nancy-heartmusic.com/Lyrics/I...A%20Song.shtml

You can make the player even smaller and set width="50" or something like that and you just get play and stop.

If you set HIDDEN="true" then you won't see the player at all. Then you defintely should put it on autoplay, obviously.

There is another way involving both an embed and an object. I 'lll have to find an example of this, as I don't have it handy. I think it may help with other browsers like Firefox in some cases.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 01-06-2005 at 06:11 PM.

Christina - Thanks for the tutorial. That will come in very handy for me from time to time. As a side light, I enjoyed the music and lyrics the links took me too. I see you are a song writer too. I've been dabbling in song writing for a number of years now. Very enjoyable - but then I'm sure you already knew that.

The .wma files I've posted on the alumni site to date have been very well received. I can post a decent quality stereo .wma file which is about the size as the not so good mono wavs I have been posting. Thanks again.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob1941
    Christina - Thanks for the tutorial. That will come in very handy for me from time to time. As a side light, I enjoyed the music and lyrics the links took me too. I see you are a song writer too. I've been dabbling in song writing for a number of years now. Very enjoyable - but then I'm sure you already knew that.

The .wma files I've posted on the alumni site to date have been very well received. I can post a decent quality stereo .wma file which is about the size as the not so good mono wavs I have been posting. Thanks again.

Bob
    :o Actually I've only written some poems of which one or two were turned into lyrics :o Unfortunately I have not myself been blessed with the talent of making nor even performing music. Luckily my daughter is blessed so, and then I have friends to compensate for my own shortcomings.

Glad to hear your .wma stuff is working out.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 01-06-2005 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaS
    :o Actually I've only written some poems of which one or two were turned into lyrics :o Unfortunately I have not myself been blessed with the talent of making nor even performing music. Luckily my daughter is blessed so, and then I have friends to compensate for my own shortcomings.

Glad to hear your .wma stuff is working out.
    Poems are just songs which haven't been set to music yet. lol That's a talent in itself. I know you're very proud of your daughter and her talent.

Bob

Yes, I'm proud of her indeed, though she does find my poetry "crap" herself LOL! Well, not in so many words... but I can tell by the :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm proud of her indeed, though she does find my poetry "crap" herself LOL! Well, not in so many words... but I can tell by the :rolleyes:
    I hear you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My kids and I beg to differ on what kind of music sounds best. lol Generation gap......

Bob

dBpoweramp Guru

err......where are the screenshots saved when I press Print Screen? :confused:

err......where are the screenshots saved when I press Print Screen? :confused:
    In your clipboard. Just open Paint or any other iamge editor and paste as a new image.

dBpoweramp Guru

In your clipboard. Just open Paint or any other iamge editor and paste as a new image.
    eh....how do i attach stuff? And the scrap screenshot is 9 megabytes. that takes too long on dialup....bleh

eh....how do i attach stuff? And the scrap screenshot is 9 megabytes. that takes too long on dialup....bleh
    Make it a JPEG then, not bitmap. Yes, paint can make jpgs. When you save it, change the file type to "All Files" and then type the name you want followed by .jpg, like this: filename.jpg and it will save it as a JPEG.

LOL, you saved as .bmp - try .jpg next time, and if you find the place to change that, keep it a something under 100 dps resolution.

Unfortunately you don't have the permissions to attach files in forum posts.

In any case, by now I have modified my web page to play embedded midi files differently (by using a .wax meta file), which ought to work in Firefox as well. Just a pain to change a bunch of links and make all the meta files, easy as they are individually.