title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Has gotten new MusePack codec?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wmjordan
    • Jan 2005

Has gotten new MusePack codec?

Hello,

I found that the MusePack codec in the codec center is quite out-of-date, which is not dbPowerAmp r11 compatible and keeps writing utf-8 ape.v2 tags.
    Is there any new version which is r11 compatible?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Has gotten new MusePack codec?

This post is probably more appropriate for the Wishlist under dMC.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

>keeps writing utf-8 ape.v2 tags

That is 100% correct for mpc. There was a minor update for mpc, but it was one that didn't affect dbpoweramp so has not been implemented.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wmjordan
        • Jan 2005

The problem is that when I rip CD with dbPowerAmp, and encode the songs into MPC, neither WinAmp or Foobar2000 (with the latest plugins of MPC) can read the tags. Those tags contain Chinese characters. I guess that it is a UTF-8 or Unicode problem.
        Last edited by wmjordan; 01-06-2005, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The mpc dbpoweramp codec is set to be updated in the next few months,it might help.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wmjordan
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
            The mpc dbpoweramp codec is set to be updated in the next few months,it might help.
            OMG! Months!? .......
            And time... goes by.... so slowly.... And time.. can do... so... much...
            (so much??)

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by wmjordan
              OMG! Months!? .......
              And time... goes by.... so slowly.... And time.. can do... so... much...
              (so much??)
              LOL! Set the night to music (music)...... :D

Comment

• wmjordan
                • Jan 2005

It seems that it is appropriate for me to switch to some other audio formats.

Comment

• wmjordan
                  • Jan 2005

Aha, a new release is out. I will try it later. Thank you!

Comment

• wmjordan
                    • Jan 2005

Re: Has gotten new MusePack codec? (Oh, another problem)

Aha, a new release is out. I will try it later. Thank you!
                    I've downloaded the MPC codec and installed it. When I try to rip a CD, I am quite sorry to find that the CD Audio Input can not recognize my CD, even though the CD tracks are literally listed in Windows Explorer and EAC. I can play the CD with both WinAmp and Foobar2000, however, it won't budge a bit in the CD Audio Input. Why so???

I checked out the options, there's a drop-down list which allows me to select CD drives. I have a virtual DVD drive emulated with Daemon Tools. And I have selected the physical DVD drive.

Windows 2003,
                    Plextor 704 DVD RW,
                    dbPowerAmp converter v11.0

I know that there's nothing wrong with the MPC codec, nor the CD, I guess. Please tell me what I can do to provide any further information?

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

I've downloaded the MPC codec and installed it. When I try to rip a CD, I am quite sorry to find that the CD Audio Input can not recognize my CD, even though the CD tracks are literally listed in Windows Explorer and EAC. I can play the CD with both WinAmp and Foobar2000, however, it won't budge a bit in the CD Audio Input. Why so???
                      Your CD might be copy-protected. If so, click the arrow beside Options, Standard CD Emulation --> Table of Contents Detection and toggle that option. If it still doesn't show up, try removing the CD, and holding shift as you insert it and for about 15 seconds afterwards.

If your CD isn't copy-protected, try changing the "CD Communication" to "2000/NT Built-in (Limited) and see if that helps.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Logged on as Adminstrator?
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wmjordan
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by LtData
                          Your CD might be copy-protected. If so, click the arrow beside Options, Standard CD Emulation --> Table of Contents Detection and toggle that option. If it still doesn't show up, try removing the CD, and holding shift as you insert it and for about 15 seconds afterwards.

If your CD isn't copy-protected, try changing the "CD Communication" to "2000/NT Built-in (Limited) and see if that helps.

When I remove the "Table of Contents Detection", things seem to work alright. It is odd that the first ten track titles are showing up as "Track??" where "Track" are literally Chinese characters, and "??" are track numbers. And those track titles from 11th on show "??" ("??" are track numbers).

This does not occur on my other CDs. Only this one is an exception.

Comment

• wmjordan
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
                            Logged on as Adminstrator?
                            Yes. Logged on as Administrator.

I have ripped two track from another CD with the new MusePack codec. It appeared that the new codec handle the double-byte characters correctly now. Foobar 2000 no longer reports "invalid characters in tags" for MPC files ripped with dbPowerAmp.

Thank you for you update!
                            Last edited by wmjordan; 02-19-2005, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>