title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode.

Unregistered

wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode.

I downloaded dMC software and the codecs tonight and installed all. I am when I try to convert from .wma to .wav I get this error

"wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode."

I am using windows XP home edition.

any help would be appreciated.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode.

dmc can't play encrypted files. download auxiliary input from here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2424 and then play the file in WMP whilst recording it with auxiliary input to whatever format you want.

Unregistered

I am trying to record music I downloaded from Walmart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    OK, but Razgo gave you the solution above. You can only use dMC Auxiliary Input for encrypted files, which is what yours are.

The alternative solution is to initially burn the wma files to CDR or CDRW (using Windows Media Player), creating a standard audio CD. Once the Audio CD is created you can use the CD Audio Input program to rip the tracks as mp3 etc.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    The alternative solution is to initially burn the wma files to CDR or CDRW (using Windows Media Player), creating a standard audio CD. Once the Audio CD is created you can use the CD Audio Input program to rip the tracks as mp3 etc.

Wayne
    Hmmm.... I wonder if this would result still in tracks that can be played but are protected against ripping....

Anyway, it's not really any faster plus you waste another cd

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaS
    OK, but Razgo gave you the solution above. You can only use dMC Auxiliary Input for encrypted files, which is what yours are.

How do I use the files I have as input to the aux?

How do I use the files I have as input to the aux?
    Please download dMC Auxiliary Input from Codec Central (see at the top of the forum), install it and read the help file on it.

1. Prepare your audio input by opening the Volume Control and selecting whatever is there for Stereo Input or Stereo Mixdown. The exact term varies depending on your sound card. You'll find there many different sources for input, just pick the one most likely to be that and make sure it's not muted - or unmute all of them.

2. Start playing the file in whatever player can play it. Stop the player (do not pause it, do not close it).

3. Start dMC Auxiliary Input, select the parameters according to the documentation (input, output, quality, etc).

4. Start recording and immediately start playing the file in the player. Once the file has finished playing stop the recording, and soon after the file has been captured to whatever type of output you had specified previously in dMC Auxiliary Input parameters. As a side note: there are parameters for Auto Start and Auto Stop in dMC Auxiliary Input. If your audio file has silences that are longer than those preset, it will be assumed to be finished, so it's best not to use that feature unless you know there is no such silence in the audio.

I usually prefer to capture to a wav first and then convert it using dMC to some other file type. You can capture directly to something like mp3 but it's easier to monitor the results if you go through a wav step first. It's your call, only by experimenting can you know exactly what's best.

This process takes a little longer than the duration of the original file. It doesn't lend itself to batch processing, it's really one by one.

Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode.

Thank you so very much.

David

Unregistered

Question Re: wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode.

Is there a way to record direct from my hard drive to the aux input?

dBpoweramp Guru

same method as above.

Angry Re: wma' is encrypted which dMC is not able to decode.

Does anyone know where do get this aux input from to decode encrypted files?I tried the link but it said the page could not be displayed. If you can get it from codec central what is it called. :cry:

Thanks

Nia

If you have dMC release11, it is included with dMC. Check the 'dbPowerAmp Music Convert' folder in your start menu for the link.

dBpoweramp Guru

From the Walmart music download site:

When I buy downloads from Walmart.com, what can I do with the music files?
    By purchasing a music download, you can:

* Download the music to 1 computer and back up music to 2 additional computers (see instructions below)
    * Make 10 burns to a CD
    * Make unlimited transfers to a portable device

Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 keeps track of the rights associated with each song. For more information, see the next section How do I back up songs and their licenses to another computer? in Music Downloads Help.

dBpoweramp Guru

um, copy it using Nero as a DATA CD, perhaps? maybe that works......or use a ethernet cable to LAN two computers together and do the transfer....or use Gnoppix STD Linux which transfers files without loading an OS up like Windows.......be creative. There are MANY ways of doing this.