title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Use a Stable Sort for MMC columns

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsieber
    • Apr 2002

Use a Stable Sort for MMC columns

It's a drag when I click on "Album" and I get the album column sorted, but the tracks are not in the right order! If you implemented a stable sort, I could achieve what I want, and many other things with the added flexibility.

For instance, I click on the "Track Number" heading, and I get my tracks in order. Then I click on the "Album" heading, and viola! the albums are sorted, and sorted by track number within album as well! I could also click on "Track" (the title column) and then "Album", and get my albums with the tracks sorted by track title. Very flexible!

Just another idea....
  • Unregistered

That would be a great feature. It would be even better for me if it could read the track number from windows media files as all my tracks have the but the program/codec can't read them.

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: Use a Stable Sort for MMC columns

Originally posted by dsieber
      It's a drag when I click on "Album" and I get the album column sorted, but the tracks are not in the right order! If you implemented a stable sort, I could achieve what I want, and many other things with the added flexibility.

For instance, I click on the "Track Number" heading, and I get my tracks in order. Then I click on the "Album" heading, and viola! the albums are sorted, and sorted by track number within album as well! I could also click on "Track" (the title column) and then "Album", and get my albums with the tracks sorted by track title. Very flexible!

Just another idea....
      Agreed. A better sorting function is needed. I just downloaded the player and have been using it for the past hour, and that was the first thing I noticed.

-Gosub

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

NB the current beta version of dAP (in beta) solves this problem.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>