title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Just got a new Sony mp3-cd player.. Help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lanfear
    • Dec 2004

Just got a new Sony mp3-cd player.. Help

I'm a complete newb at this. I have used Db for a while now and im curious if there is a tutorial on how to make an mp3 cd. I wan't to be able to go to different directories and see the song names on my new cd player.
    I searched for a similar thread but couldnt find one.
    PLease any help would be great
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Just got a new Sony mp3-cd player.. Help

If you want to burn an mp3 CD, just use whatever normal CD burning program you have and make a data CD filled with mp3s. dMC's CD Writer can probably do this, but I have no experience with it.
    Last edited by LtData; 12-12-2004, 06:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LtData
      If you want to burn an mp3 CD, just use whatever normal CD burning program you have and make a data CD filled with mp3s. dMC's CD Writer can probably do this, but I have no experience with it.
      I think Lanfear wants to preserve the directory structure.

Not sure how you'd do this with dMC CD Writer, so as to keep folders, not just the data files themselves. In Nero you burn the folders to a data cd.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

In dBpowerAMP CD Writer you can create a new CD and set the naming of file names to include folders made up from an artist or album name, what ever you want.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Lanfear
          • Dec 2004

sorry to ask.. but how?
          i tried clicking and dragging folders and it doesnt go. i tried adding the folders to the temp cd folder. nothing

any help?

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Go Start > All Programs > dBpowerAMP Music Converter > Help > dBpowerAMP CD Writer Help then scroll down to see the Advanced Topics section. This will tell you about what you need to do to set a directory structure other than the default.
            Essentially dCW expects you to first define the variables for your disc (including format, size of disc, compression rates for mp3/wma or other format discs, and file structure). If you wish to preserve track order you will need to include track number xx as a variable also. When these are set, they will be given a name (like MP3 Audio CD #1). You cannot change these variables unless you delete all tracks you are working and set a new format (you can either delete the format you set as MP3 Audio CD #1 and then redefine it or you can just create a format for MP# Audio CD #2) and start over.
            dBpowerAMP Music Converter takes the information needed for the directery structure from file tags and file names of each track, so you need to be sure you have these straight.
            You will not see the file structure on the dCW screen. To check the file structure before you burn, go Start > My Computer > C (or your hard drive here) > Program Files > Illustrate > dBpowerAMP > TempCreateCD. Find the folder for the cd you are working on. Be advised that you cannot change the structure within the TempCreateCD folder either by renaming files, editing tags, or by dragging files from one spot to another.
            This takes a a bit of practice until you get things right. Let us know if you run into any other problems.
            Best wishes,
            Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>