title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: cdgrab.exe

Re: cdgrab.exe

Quote Originally Posted by Vexzilla
    The latter I believe.
    How does it show up in Windows Explorer?

I'm terribly sorry but I don't think I understand what you're asking.

What do you see when you select the CD in a Explorer window (i.e. clicking on My computer, My Documents, etc.)?

Well, when I open My Computer the name of the cd's (mixed or otherwise) were not appearing but oddly when I clicked on the cd drive the contents of the disc would show the cda tracks EXCEPT the mixed content discs. They would only show the cda tracks and NOT the other folders that were supposed to be listed there. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexzilla
    Well, when I open My Computer the name of the cd's (mixed or otherwise) were not appearing but oddly when I clicked on the cd drive the contents of the disc would show the cda tracks EXCEPT the mixed content discs. They would only show the cda tracks and NOT the other folders that were supposed to be listed there. Bizarre.
    So where does that leave you? can you access in any way the mixed content stuff at all?

Nope, not at all. Oddly, WMP10 would find and rip the audio from these cd's except the last track which it reported as being a long track, like it somehow read the last track and the data track as one.

I now have returned to SP1a and all appears to be well. No crashing of my pc or the program is a beautiful thing although I would still like to get to the bottom of this so I can return to my SP2 secure bliss.

I think it was the Audio CD Free feature on DVDIdle Pro. Dare I try SP2 again?

*scared*
    Last edited by Vexzilla; 11-26-2004 at 06:30 PM.

Administrator

I develop dBpowerAMP in XP SP2...

Spoon: what he's referring to is what seems to be a problem with a few people after they install SP2. Apparently it messes up their CD accessing abilities.

I had a similar problem as this and on my system it was rather severe. The symptom was that it would indefinitely loop when I would go to rip a CD. During the ripping process the dialog would get stuck -- almost always at 0%. I would then have to intervene with TaskMan to blow it away. Then it (meaning CDGrab.exe) would either completely hang my system or prevent any other application from starting; it would also prevent a soft reboot of the OS. I would then have to do a hard reboot of the computer :vmad:.

There was no real vector as in type of CD (mixed mode vs. straight audio) that I could point to, but certain CDs in my collection seemed to guarantee failure.

I tried everything in this thread to fix it and the cure was to change the CD Interface type to 2000/NT Built-In (Limited) (Options, CD Drive Advanced) . My thanks for the thread info on this. :D

regards,
    ~Patrick

Administrator

and XP SP2 made this change (from working, to non-working?0?