title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: error message: could not load

Wink error message: could not load

The player is great, the 'convert to' menu appears. But when I try to 'convert' ra files, I get a "codec needed to decompress file could not load" message. I installed the codecs indicated. Where's the glitch? God bless.

Re: error message: could not load

Quote Originally Posted by karnold
    The player is great, the 'convert to' menu appears. But when I try to 'convert' ra files, I get a "codec needed to decompress file could not load" message. I installed the codecs indicated. Where's the glitch? God bless.
    Did you also install Real Player or Real Alternative?

Is the file perhaps protected?

Yes, I installed Real Player 9. All systems seem okay. I could not find indications of any files, music or codec, being protected. Perhaps I didn't know how to check properly, I'm a novice. I also had an error message that my RA files player could not load the dll "pnen3260". This player (rawavrecorder) was playing fine before the installation of dbpowerAMP. Have I created a glitch between them? Thanks for the help. Kathleen

Quote Originally Posted by karnold
    Yes, I installed Real Player 9. All systems seem okay. I could not find indications of any files, music or codec, being protected. Perhaps I didn't know how to check properly, I'm a novice. I also had an error message that my RA files player could not load the dll "pnen3260". This player (rawavrecorder) was playing fine before the installation of dbpowerAMP. Have I created a glitch between them? Thanks for the help. Kathleen
    Hmm, I'm not familair with that player, nor that dll. Maybe just reinstall it if you can.

--- later ----

The pnen3260.dll file is part of the Real Player common files. However, as I just noticed, there are numerous versions of it. I myself seem to have 6 of them, one in each folder associated with various programs of the real family :confused: I have the player, the realmedia editor, the producer basic 10, the helix producer basic, etc...... And they are all different dates and sizes.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 11-15-2004 at 12:55 AM.