title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ULTIMATE EASY FEATURE FOR IPODERS- Export playlist from MMC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tflood
    • Jul 2004

ULTIMATE EASY FEATURE FOR IPODERS- Export playlist from MMC

Dear Mr. Spoon
    Check this out: From the My Music Collection, one can synchronize their Ipod, as you obviously know. Since this works in conjunction with Sveta, THE ULTIMATE would be: from the DB Player, or, from playlists loaded into the MMC, create the ability to transfer them into Sveta. Sveta can currently load m3u's or any file for that matter onto the Ipod as you know. BUT! you could make it so that Sveta takes the playlist from the MMC or player upon synchronization and loads into the Ipod in the way that iTunes loads in a playlist so that they will show up in the playlist section on the ipod! Ingenius yet so simple.

I hate using iTunes. If you did this, which i know you can, i wouldn't have to create a playlist twice (1 for on the computer use, 1 for on the ipod use). Then, it could be extended into extracting playlists from the ipod into the MMC.

So good! Please Spoon, you can do it! I'll even pay you to do it!

Tom
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ULTIMATE EASY FEATURE FOR IPODERS- Export playlist from MMC

dAP is in long need of having the playlist and MMC section updated, after such an update your request could be added.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tflood
      • Jul 2004

Can't wait spooner. :teufel8:

Comment

• tflood
        • Jul 2004

One other thing for playlists.

This would really help too. When you create playlists on the ipod using sveta, they all show up in whatever order they were created. Alphabetical order would really really be nice. It gets confusing trying to find a playlist when you have a bunch.

tom

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Re: One other thing for playlists.

Sveta Explorer (ipod icon on desktop) >> Extras >> iPod Properties and switch on Alphabetic sort playlists.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tflood
            • Jul 2004

Any dAP or MMC updates on the near horizon?

tom

Comment

• tflood
              • Jul 2004

Spoon
              I just checked to see if I could sort my playlists alphabetically. I went to the Extras >> Ipod Properties and there is no option for it. I have firmware v 2.2. Wha's goin on?
              Tom

Comment

• tflood
                • Jul 2004

Okay I did some figuring out of things. I found the alphabetical sort option by updating to Beta Sveta and Beta Ipod drivers- goodness. I also figured out that one can transfer m3u's to the ipod, but here's what happens:
                - It will duplicate songs on the ipod if they are already there
                - The playlist will show up and be good in the sveta program, but when you access it on the ipod, the songs don't show up (but the playlist title does)
                - If you are to put a playlist on the ipod that already exists and then delete the duplicate copy, the original playlist's songs disappear, and then you have to recreate the original too.

Basically, it messes a lot of stuff to hell!

It would be the best if i could just make an m3u in winamp, dP Audio Player, or whatever and send it to the Ipod without any kinks!
                :D

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Which iPod do you have?

as a test create a new mp3 file - call it a.mp3 for artist id tag set 'a' and track set 'b', add this file to the ipod. Then create a new playlist called 'c', right click on the track in [all audio] and add it to the 'c' playlist. Close Sveta explorer. Look on the ipod - is track b listed in that playlist?
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tflood
                    • Jul 2004

Hey Spoon
                    I've been gone awhile setting up a new life in another land, but now i'm back on the audio mission :]
                    Yes, the track "b" by artist "a" shows up in playlist "c". But, that wasn't the problem i was having before. I could always create playlists in sveta and transfer them no problem. The trouble happens when i try to bring an M3U playlist in through Sveta (see above for description). If Sveta could export the playlists into M3U's, it would be sweet. The goal is to not need to create the playlist twice, ie once in Sveta for the Ipod and once in whatever other program for the playlist to be an M3U for use outside of Ipod. Just making it once would be nice :]

The type of Ipod i have is a 3rd gen. using software version 2.2 and it has the wheel with the button in the middle and the four other buttons above it :D

Comment

Working...

]]>