title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AutoUpdating file locations in MMC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

AutoUpdating file locations in MMC

I recently discovered that if I move a folder with tracks that have been added to MMC that MMC will be unble to locate them. I know I could use the Arrange Files option from MMC to rearrange the file structure for ALL of my files within MMC and I know I can remove the files from MMC, move the folders and add them back to MMC.

What would be nice is either:
    Provide an option to use the Arrange Files feature on selected tracks only; OR
    Provide some mechanism for MMC to automatically update its working filepath for any track if that track gets moved after its been added to MMC.

Are either of these options available presently? If not, they would certainly be on my wishlist.

Best wishes,
    Bill mikkelsen
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: AutoUpdating file locations in MMC

Have you tried using the "locate Missing files" option?

Wayne

Comment

• donny
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Oct 2002

the localte mising files is almost what is needed but it has a few bugs, which were painfull for me...
      I moved my Queen folder and well there are a few files named "Queen - We Will Rock You" (album version, 3 live versions, etc...) and it found in all instances the first file in the directories it came across... maybe a filesize comparing would be usefull? I know that ID is too much and that it would slow down computer a lot, but maybe as a checkbox option?

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Thank you Wayne for drawing the Locate Missing files function to my attention. It is a helpful tool. I agree with Donny that it has its drawbacks. The big one is that it does not search subfolders and also that it requires one to check one folder at a time. This is fine if you know where your missing files are and if you only have one or two files or folders of files involved.

I also encountered hangups of the program when trying to search a very large folder with many subfolders and also many loose files. It would be handier if it could work something like "New Track Lookout" perhaps.

Best wishes,
        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>