title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3 Issue with dMC r11 rc1/dAP r3 beta 6

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

MP3 Issue with dMC r11 rc1/dAP r3 beta 6

Went and installed rc1 today. Ran into curious problem.
    Converted a track from MPC to mp3 (alt preset standard and also alt preset extreme). Both conversions seemed to go well. File size and tag information seems to be what it should be. However,
    dAP (r3 beta 6) will only play about 20 seconds and then cut to another track for either of these files. No such problem is noted with other mp3 files.

Stranger yet, WMP 10 plays either file ok (if I don't go playing with too many other programs at the same time, at least).

I have yet to see if this is an issue only with alt presets, only with mp3's or if it is larger, but thought I'd report what I've found so far.

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: MP3 Issue with dMC r11 rc1/dAP r3 beta 6

Please email that mp3 file to:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

[QUOTE=xoas]Went and installed rc1 today. Ran into curious problem.
      Converted a track from MPC to mp3 (alt preset standard and also alt preset extreme). Both conversions seemed to go well. File size and tag information seems to be what it should be. However,
      dAP (r3 beta 6) will only play about 20 seconds and then cut to another track for either of these files. No such problem is noted with other mp3 files.

Stranger yet, WMP 10 plays either file ok (if I don't go playing with too many other programs at the same time, at least).

I have yet to see if this is an issue only with alt presets, only with mp3's or if it is larger, but thought I'd report what I've found so far.

I had the same problem. Unchecked the 24 bit plugin in DSP and that cleared it up.
      Bill

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Of course! I remember seeing that, just didn't integrate into my own practice.
        Thank you Bill!

Best wishes,
        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You can have 24 bit on, just not the directX output, try WaveOut.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

With 24 bit on, both directx & wave out had the same result. With 24 bit off both directx & wave out worked without any problem.
            Bill

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

Took the words right out of my mouth. I had Wave Out already selected.
              But here's my thing-My sound card does not support 24 bit files whereas the 24 bit dsp is designed to get 16 bit files to emulate 24 bit performance on 24 bit sound cards.
              So it's not like the 24 bit dsp is doing anything for me anyway even if it did not have a negative effect. Is this your case Bill?

Best wishes,
              Bill mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

xoas
                I've got the Sound Max onboard card and I don't think it supports 24 bit audio.

But,today I installed a new sound card, the Chaintech AV710 VIA ENVY 24PT, and
                it is supposed to support 24 bit. When I tried to play those files with 24 bit
                checked it would not even make a sound, unchecked they played without a problem.
                BTW, this card is a vast improvement over the onboard card.
                Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>