title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to convert RM to OGG

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d-Dee
    • Nov 2004

How to convert RM to OGG

I am having problems converting RM files to OGG, after a few minutes during conversion I get a pop-up Codec Error". I can convert these RM files just fine to MP3 and then to OGG (RM > MP3 > OGG). Why do I get Codec Error" when I convert RM to OGG?

The RM files are 20kbps, I want to convert to OGG 64kbps, Mono, 16kHz.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to convert RM to OGG

Sometimes the gap between the source file (your rm file) and your output file (the Ogg file) is just too much to accomplish in one step.
    Two things you could try to keep things to a single transition:
    Make sure you have Professional Frequency Conversion enabled (from the dMC Configuration Window, Start> All Programs> dBpowerAMP Music COnverter> Configuration> dMC Configuration);
    Try the latest Ogg Codec (r12, available in the Beta Test section of these Forums).

You may also want to look at converting rm to wav and then to Ogg. Wav (compared to mp3) has the advantage of being lossless).

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• d-Dee
      • Nov 2004

With reference to posts by Dirk in the Beta forum http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...45&postcount=9 and also http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...3&postcount=11

I replaced the oggenc.exe file with the new one, and then renaming oggenc2.exe to oggenc.exe. Works now!

Thanks so much for the quick reply Bill.

Comment

• inferno
        • Nov 2004

i have downloaded the files required for the .dat conversion but it looks like there is something wrong. What is happening is that the output file goes really fast as if it was being forwarded. Accordingly, the total time also reduces from the original time. I ll appreciate all answers...

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by inferno
          i have downloaded the files required for the .dat conversion but it looks like there is something wrong. What is happening is that the output file goes really fast as if it was being forwarded. Accordingly, the total time also reduces from the original time. I ll appreciate all answers...
          Check the other thread where you posted.

Please don't ask the same thing all over the place. Once is enough.

Comment

Working...

]]>