title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Global Hotkeys

Global Hotkeys

I'm trying out dAP after being a longtime Winamp user and I have fell in love with hotkeys. Is there anyway this can be implemented?

Re: Global Hotkeys

dBpowerAMP Audio Player will allow you to control a variety of functions from your keyboard. These are set through your dBpowerAMP Keyboard Control Configuration (found through Start>All Programs> dBpowerAMP> Configuration> Keyboard Controls).

(For fullest keyboard control capabilities, use the current dAP 3 Beta from the Beta Test section of this forum).

Hope this helps.
    Best wishes,
    Bill mikkelsen
    Last edited by xoas; 11-06-2004 at 10:47 AM.

I'm using the newest beta, but should have been more specific. I meant to type "I fell in love with the global hotkeys" not just "hotkeys". Global hotkeys are keys you press when you have any program active and it goes to Winamp and does the command, such as change the song, increase/decrease volume, play/pause the song.

For instance, if I press Ctrl-Alt-Home, it pauses playback. Ctrl-Alt-PageUp takes me to the next song. These commands work even if I'm playing a game.

I believe you will find that you can create such keys within dAP keyboard configuration by using "Control + Alt + (key of your choice here)". At least that is the impression I get from opening Keyboard Configuration selecting a control and clicking on Set.
    Have you tried this?

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Well, I'll be, setting them to the settings I mentioned previously works. Thanks for the help xoas.

You're very welcome. Learned something new myself!