title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wow, New sound card -

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • savagcl
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2004

Wow, New sound card -

Just installed the Creative 2 ZS Platinum sound card and it sounds great!
    Much better and more control(s) than the old 16 bit card.

What surprise me most was the installation itself. Very easy to do even with the
    front panel (HD bay). The old card had me going for 2 whole days, this one was
    less than 1 hour. Which leads me to believe that (A) I'm getting smarter or
    (B) Installation/OS is much improved - I am voting for (B) of course.

One thing worth mentioning is the "Clean up" function - It supposedly removes
    pops, crackles and hiss from MP3's.

savagcl
    (clif)
  • Unregistered

Re: Wow, New sound card -

Originally posted by savagcl
    Just installed the Creative 2 ZS Platinum sound card and it sounds great!
    Much better and more control(s) than the old 16 bit card.

What surprise me most was the installation itself. Very easy to do even with the
    front panel (HD bay). The old card had me going for 2 whole days, this one was
    less than 1 hour. Which leads me to believe that (A) I'm getting smarter or
    (B) Installation/OS is much improved - I am voting for (B) of course.

One thing worth mentioning is the "Clean up" function - It supposedly removes
    pops, crackles and hiss from MP3's.

savagcl
    (clif)
    I'm thinking about getting one of these cards. How do you like yours so far?
    Bill

Comment

• savagcl
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2004

Sorry, just saw your reply.

Well, it sounds very good. but there is lots of discussion about the ability to
      really play 24-bit music (suspicion is that internally, it changes 24 to 16 bit then
      outputs the 16 bit.

check this page for more info.
      What is Winamp? Why is Winamp? How is Winamp? All these burning questions and issues discussed within.

There are better cards but i dont have info on pricing. Too late now anyway.
      I'm happy with the card and the front rack but questioning the 16/24 bit thing.

clif

Comment

• cr0wbar
        • Sep 2004

I have this card, and I can vouch for the fact that the audigy 2 ZS DOES in fact play 24-bit audio in it's intended form. The Old audigy (1), did not.

The old audigy you could download a 24-bit wav file and it wouldn't play no matter what you did, but with the audigy 2 zs, which I have now, the sound comes out fine.

Also, I think it would *have* to play 24-bit to be able to sound so incredible with DVD-Audio (Which is natively 24-bit, 96khz)

Comment

• savagcl
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2004

It does sound very good and the front panel plugs, etc come in handy too.

savagcl

Comment

Working...

]]>