title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: working on auxiliary input

working on auxiliary input

I am wondering about buying a protected song and then converting it to a non protexted format. The discusisions I have seen make it sound like this can be done by recording the file off the soundcard as it plays using auxiliary input. I downloaded it, and tried to use it to record what file I had playing. It only gave three options for source: Line in, CD/Video in, and microphone. None of those worked for rerecording my file. Does anyone know what I should be doing.

Also, I have tons of codecs installed, but mp3 is the only one that comes up for coding options. Is there a way to acces my other codecs?

Re: working on auxiliary input

Quote Originally Posted by cmk_78212
    I am wondering about buying a protected song and then converting it to a non protexted format. The discusisions I have seen make it sound like this can be done by recording the file off the soundcard as it plays using auxiliary input. I downloaded it, and tried to use it to record what file I had playing. It only gave three options for source: Line in, CD/Video in, and microphone. None of those worked for rerecording my file. Does anyone know what I should be doing.

Also, I have tons of codecs installed, but mp3 is the only one that comes up for coding options. Is there a way to acces my other codecs?
    Before using dMC Auxiliary Input, from your task bar right-click the volume control (the bullhorn) and select OPen Volume Controls. Click Options>Properties>Recording. In the bottom part of the screen select all the unchecked controls to be shown on the recording panel. Click OK.

You'll be presented with the complete set of recording options. Depending on your sound card capabilities, you'll have more or less of them. You should however have something called Stereo Mix (or sometimes called What U Hear). This is the one that needs to be selected for recording from dMC Auxiliary Input, while all others, especially Microphone, should be unchecked.

As for the codecs you have, if you downloaded them from Codec Central and installed them from there, you ought to have installed them all to the same folder as the rest of the dMC family. If you installed them to different folders they will not be visible thus usable in dMC. In that case you should uninstall them (use the Add/Remove Programs from Control panel) and reinstall to the proper folder. The default installation folder for all of dMC is c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\. Whatever the installer program proposes, let that be the destination folder unless you know exactly the path to some other folder where you installed dMC.

Right again!

With the different codecs, I wasn't using "record with options" to access the others on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by cmk_78212
    Right again!

With the different codecs, I wasn't using "record with options" to access the others on my list.
    Ah, the memory problem LOL! Yes, I'd forgotten ( :p ) about that feature, probably because I always go through all the options sort of automatically. I don't trust all the damn hidden settings. It may have a good memory but I don't :D