title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Skin for all of dMC & co

Skin for all of dMC & co

Drifting back and forth between programs is kind of confusing. Where did I see this thing or that? I thought I did this already? .... You know what I mean.

Here's my wish:

A skin or interface or whatever it may be called that will group together the various bits and pieces of dMC & co.

Visible settings for all the common configuration elements. A menu and buttons to set them all from one panel.

I know, a tall order for sure, but it probably will be deemed useful by many. All the right ingredients are there with all the great programs in this package.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 10-26-2004 at 09:27 PM.

Re: Skin for all of dMC & co

Come on, all you skin designers..... :D

dBpoweramp Guru

Strange that you mention this. I'd also been thinking about the possibilities of having all programs integrated into dAP,...giving the player recording capabilities.

I think Narler may have brought this point up a few seasons ago. I believe the main drawback was and is the inability to create links to other programs with the current version of Skin Designer. But wouldn't it be great!

I'd also like to see independent recording level controls of Left & Right added to Auxiliary Input. I've got many tapes in which one channel or the other play at a slightly lower level than the other...even though the levels were set the same when recorded.
    My current remedy is patching two decks together in series on their way to the In-Line jack, using the second one to regain those levels. :o
    Sometimes you just have to improvise.

-Craze

Quote Originally Posted by Craze
    Strange that you mention this. I'd also been thinking about the possibilities of having all programs integrated into dAP,...giving the player recording capabilities.

I think Narler may have brought this point up a few seasons ago. I believe the main drawback was and is the inability to create links to other programs with the current version of Skin Designer. But wouldn't it be great!

I'd also like to see independent recording level controls of Left & Right added to Auxiliary Input. I've got many tapes in which one channel or the other play at a slightly lower level than the other...even though the levels were set the same when recorded.
    My current remedy is patching two decks together in series on their way to the In-Line jack, using the second one to regain those levels. :o
    Sometimes you just have to improvise.

-Craze
    Oh, I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about it. Frustrating that I'm not knowledgeable in pc programming to attempt any of it myself.

For the recording level thing you mention, I use another program (normally used for home recordings), Record Producer Deluxe from Voyetra, feed it a wav and play with its settings. I can change the way it pans for each of the 2 stereo channels, raise volume individually for each one and apply other effects. Also take out bits of crackling noises or whatever little problems I can fix easily. It's a handy program to have around, and about the cheapest of its ilk.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 10-26-2004 at 11:26 PM.

I made a thread a while back (months) about a program that launches and controls all the dbpowerAMP components. nothing was done, because no-one thougt that there was a need.

this all is doable but ....

one Spoon is the man who could do it easiest, but I think that he really doesn't have the time, and I think you will agree with me that his time is better used in developing the parts...

I could do it probably, but as you probably know QueMaster is already on hold, partly cause I don't have time, and I have to study, party cause most of the parts are there... it needs polishing and some fixes, but nothing seems esencial...
    and working on this project would require a lot of time and a lot of research to make options available clear bugs etc... the best you can get for now is the dap panel in QueMaster witch has buttons for most parts... if you have ideas to be added feel frre to share them