title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Odd Sampling Rates Will Not Convert_Why Not?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Odd Sampling Rates Will Not Convert_Why Not?

I think I have a better solution. I will be sending 2 files to Frew and Christina.
    Going on what Christina noticed about being able to convert larger files I took a different approach.

Using Power Pack, I used the Add Silence DSP to add 10 seconds of silence at either end of the file and converted straight to 16 bit, 1 channel Wav at 44.1 kHz.

I then took the file and removed the silence. I tried two ways, hence the 2 files.
    The first method was to trim 10 seconds from either end of the file, using the Trim DSP.

The other method was to use the Remove Silence DSP to remove silence at the beginning and end of the track with a detection of 5 ms.

I tried to see if I could add and remove/trim silence in a single conversion and this did not work for me. It is possible that either method may require a little fine tuning.

In any case, looking forward to see what you think.

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Addendum: This method will also work with the bird test file converting to WMA Lossless and back to wav (at 16 bit mono, 44.1 kHz.). Unfortunately, this would not work with the earlier smaller file we worked with so I would not go rushing to batch apply this add/remove to files unless you need it.
    Last edited by xoas; 11-14-2004 at 04:41 PM.