title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problems converting Apple iTunes to MP3

Problems converting Apple iTunes to MP3

I have many songs that I have purchased from iTunes that I would like to convert to MP3 so that I can listen to them in my car, but I cannot seem to get them to convert. I cannot seem to figure out how to convert from a .m4a file. When I try and convert to a standard .MP3 I get the following error message: "The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Take Me Out.m4a' could not be opened."

Re: Problems converting Apple iTunes to MP3

Perhaps this could be sign your iTunes files have digital rights protection measures that discourage your converting them (although this is generally more true if the files are encoded as .m4p).
    If this is your problem, please see this thread here:
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5907

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen
    Last edited by xoas; 10-18-2004 at 06:16 AM.

Re: Problems converting Apple iTunes to MP3

Another source for this problem would be not having the AAC & MP4 decoder codec installed (available from codec Central, see link at the top of the page).
    Some other solutions:
    If you can play your tracks on your PC you can record them as they play using dMC Auxilary Input;
    If you can burn the tracks to cd, you can re-rip them from the cd (if you don't care for the hard copy cd backup you can use cd-rw for this).

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen