title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a big ripping-problem!!!!!!!

Matthias

Unhappy a big ripping-problem!!!!!!!

Hi
    i've a big problem:
    i want to rip a music cd t mp3,but the ripping status bar runs very fast(only two seconds or so) and the floowing error appears:

CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track01.cda'
    Unable to read CD, scratched disk?

and when i want to hear it, the mp3 doesn't have more than 1kb...please help me,i want to hear my music!!!

thx

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: a big ripping-problem!!!!!!!

do other cd's rip ok? is the cd scratchy?

Unregistered

no it's on every cd....the cd's arn't scratched,and on the other pc you can rip them as well...is tricky

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    no it's on every cd....the cd's arn't scratched,and on the other pc you can rip them as well...is tricky

please help me!!!

What are you using to rip your cd?

Is it dMC Audio CD Input or is it just plain dMC?

The cd may have some copy-protection so in dMC Audio CD Input you could try to disable Table of contents detection (Options >Standard CD player emulation).

Sometimes dMC used through WIndows Explorer directly on the cd-rom may work better.

Please write back and explain in detail what you are trying to do so we can get a clear picture of your situation. Also mention your OS and type of cd drive.

Unregistered

thx for helping me
    my os is windows xp
    my cd drives are:
    nec dvd+rw nd1100a scsi
    &
    hl-dt-st dvd-rom gdr8162b scsi

the hint with the standard cd player emulation doesn't work sorry

the are two errors:

CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track06.cda'
    CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track07.cda'
    Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction.

i hope you can help me

Matthias

i use the cd ripper

Unregistered

an explanation in detail again
    (sorry my english is bad)
    ok,first i put in a cd in my cd drive then i started the dbpoweramp music converter - audio cd input,then the audio cd appears,i mark all the songs i want to rip and click on the button "rip",then a new window opened,i see the progress of the ripping,but i runs very fast,obly two seconds for all songs together
    after having finished the progress a new window appears with the error message:

CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track13.cda'
    Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction.
    CODEC decompression error for '\\CdRom\Track14.cda'

the i look into the folder,in which i ripped the songs,and there are the songs,but the have only 1kb or 2kb...and when i click on a song,to hear it,the music-prgramm appears,but i can't hear any sound...
    that's it,i hope you can understand me

Administrator

Try your other CD drive (click Options to select it).

Unregistered

no that doesn't work too

Have you tried going to Audio CD Configuration (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dMC Audio Configuration), and setting the "CD Communication" setting to "2000/NT Built-in (limited)"?

If that does not work you may want to check the Support site to see if therre is information for your particular operating system here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-support-audio-cd.htm

If there is nothing to help you there, please let us know what operating system you are using and what version of dBpowerAMP Music Converter you are using.
    Best wishes,
    Bill mikkelsen

Matthias

no there arn't any hints to destroy my problem....
    windows 200/nt built in is also activated...

i use windows xp

and version 4.2.1.2 of the dbpowerAMP cd ripper

and version 4.2.1.2 of the dbpowerAMP cd ripper
    That would be your version of dMC Audio CD Input. You can find your version of dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) in dMC Configuration (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dMC Configuration).

Matthias

you mean this?

Release 10.1

Yes, that is what I mean.

You wouldn't have happened to install Service Pack 2 for XP recently?
    In any case, I would advise you to thusly:
    1. Check to see if you can convert any files you already have installed to a different format. Let us know if you can or cannot.
    2. Make sure that you do not have AccurateRip enabled unless you have previously configured your drives to work with AccurateRip (this can be activated by going to the Audio CD Input screen and clicking on the Options Button-the list of various options is actually a set of menus for enabling or changing different options).
    3. If *2 does not apply (it is already turned off) or if you turn it off and it makes no difference, uninstall and reinstall dMC/dBpowerAMP Music Converter (if you have installed SP2, do this first).
    4. If *3 does not work, try uninstalling dMC, clearing dBpowerAMP Music Converter from your Windows XP registry, reboot, and reload dMC.

This will hopefully get your problem fixed but if it does not please let us know what results you get from the above actions.

Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen