title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBAmp Crashes on First Import

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper
    • Feb 2004

dBAmp Crashes on First Import

Have been using dBAmp for a long time successfully but have had to reinstall following a disk crash. Have been trying to import the backed up file of 1361 MP3 files. It starts OK but then a dialogue box appears as follows: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Program C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpower AMP\Editor.exe abnormal program termination. The dialogue box behind shows typically; Adding Tracks. 23 of 1361. dBamp has of course crashed. I have tried importing using individual files and just a small number (50) with the same result. The Reset utility has been run to clear the registry and reinstalling dBamp, but the problem remains. A solution or any suggestions would be most welcome. Have been trying to sort this out for two weeks! Thanks, Jasper
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBAmp Crashes on First Import

do you have the latest installed? here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2261

and here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2045

and what OS you using?
    i had this happen once a long time ago but don't remember the remedy. it might have been corrupt ID tags i think.

you could also try:

delete the folder C:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp

*** if you have my player backup your music collection database.

The run regedit and delete the key (folder):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate
    Last edited by Spoons; 09-26-2004, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• jasper
      • Feb 2004

Hi Rasgo - thanks for your response to my enquiry. It worked like magic! Installed both the Beta programs you guided me to and then installed 2138 music files without any difficulty. I had wondered about corrupted tag files but may be the Beta program editor.exe can handle this.

All appears to be well except that the On Screen Mini Control closes/crashes when I click on it to see what is playing. It does not expand to the right. Perhaps a glitch in the Beta? Thanks again, Jasper

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

can you try switching to another skin to see if it happens again. you can download the original default skin from here: http://www.sensory-fusion.com/galler...cat=513&page=1
        that's if you don't already have it.

if this skin doesn't crash then the other skin might be corrupted and will need deleting and reinstalling. i don't know the correct proceedure for uninstalling the default skin accept for deleting it out of the registry and reinstalling dap again.

but let us know how it goes.

Comment

• Craze
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by jasper
          All appears to be well except that the On Screen Mini Control closes/crashes when I click on it to see what is playing. It does not expand to the right. Perhaps a glitch in the Beta? Thanks again, Jasper
          The Default "On Screen Mini Control" is known to have a displaying problem with the expanding slideout on Windows 98SE and 2000. Here's a discussion on the subject.
          RE: the PowerAMP Player: The right part (Piece) of the "On Screen Mini Control" (OSMC) which opens the song name window of OSMC and the "Mini Tray Control" (MTC) cannot display ON TOP of the Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) Window (displays behind the window). I have found that by opening a Window Application i

Xoas Poll on the subject...
          A bug has been encountered by dAP users who use the Windows 98SE operating system. This bug occurs when dAP is playing and the main skin is minimized with the on-screen control on and when the My Music Collection screen (or sometimes another window). The bug causes the on-screen mini control to partially disappear and it

-Craze

Comment

Working...

]]>