title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Mp3 Player?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

dBpoweramp Mp3 Player?

Here's a Question/Idea I had thouht up and I was wondering if anyone from dBpoweramp or anybody in general would actually put this into motion:

Why doesn't dBpoweramp make a Mp3 player but you can add codecs and delete certain codecs from the player so you can play the same files that you converted with dBpoweramp Converter on to A Mp3-like player that has the codecs that you added or have on the converter. So you could play Mp4 or a format like Musepack or what ever you codec you installed on the player?

This would be a great idea for you guys because you could introduce the first codec changeable player, the first Mp4 player and the first of Many codecs to be on a player and you could use the Sveta software to take the music files and sync them to the player or it could be a mass storage device. And the dBpoweramp Audio player could be built into the Music player. And it cost about a hundred maybe with a 128mb or 64mb storae that may have a SD card slot.

So Respond and tell me could this idea be put into motion and if it could be put into motion tell me my email is nnny1489@comcast.net

So please reply to this thread.
  • cr0wbar
    • Sep 2004

Re: dBpoweramp Mp3 Player?

Are we talking hardware player? Or software player?

If you're thinking software, there IS already one and it works *perfectly* with dMC. Try dAP. But if you're talking about hardware player, I think that would be a tad expensive to make, but it is a good idea to have a codec swappable player.

Anyone have any ideas?

I think the processor would have to be pretty beefy, since most mp3 players on the market today just have a preset codec "chip", correct me if I'm wrong. To have multiple codecs, especially "swappable" codecs, it would have to have some sort of flash enabled codec "chip(s)". I dunno, I'm not really all that keen on hardware development, but it's what I've picked up from scouring google about it.

Best wishes :komisch7:

Comment

• Unregistered

Neuros has multiple codec capability. I have both ogg and mp3 on mine at the same time. It plays all the songs seamlessly. It's also been open sourced so anybody can develop new managers for it.

Comment

• Unregistered

Can the neuros play mp4, ACC, or can you install a codec or does it have mulitple codecs built into it?

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Neuros has multiple codec capability. I have both ogg and mp3 on mine at the same time. It plays all the songs seamlessly. It's also been open sourced so anybody can develop new managers for it.

http://www.neurosaudio.com
          Where Can I get a managers?
          And can I install a DMC codec onto the neuros

Comment

Working...

]]>