title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

the PowerPack Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

the PowerPack Thread

ok if we can build a list of everything powerpack does here. and i will cross off things that might not apply over time too. so if we can keep this post and thread updated it should be usefull to everyone.

PowerPack Features

dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC)
    1. powerpack is needed to convert from and to mp3
    2. Send Audio files easily to your portable mp3 player with Sveta Portable Audio
    3. Fun Bars - changes the Percentage bar between many excellent designs:
    4. A raft of DSP effects - fade, adaptive volume normalize, silence trim, karaoke, reverse, sound grabber and many other DSP effects.
      DSP effects: 1. DSP Add Silence 2. AddTag Element 3. Channel Move 4. DC Offset 5. Eden Swap 6. Invert 7. Maximum Lenght 8. Music Removal 9. Remove Silence (will not work with spouse plugin) 10. Remove Tag Element 11. Reverse 12. Sound Grabber 13. Trim 14. Voice Removal (Karaoke) 15. Volume Fade 16. Volume Quieten 17. Write Slilence
    5. CLI Encoders - external encoders such as Fraunhofer's high quality Mp3 Encoder can be used with dMC,
    6. Set encoding Priority level (time slice priority Windows gives dMC),
    7. Option to automatically shut down computer after conversion
    8. Skip Conversion complete message,
    9. Play sound after conversion,
    10. Run a program / script before and after conversion,
    11. Exclude individual files from Playlist Conversions,

dMC Audio CD Input
    1. Rip to Ram option for the fastest CD ripping possible, see here for CD Ripper Speed Comparisons, and even faster Rip & Encode at Same Time option.
    2. Rip as One - record multiple tracks as one, or any start and end point on CD as one track
    3. Compilation CDs - automatic handling of different artists for each track, smart retrieval of multiple artists from freedb,
    4. Auto create Playlists (M3U, or PLS)
    5. Disable jitter correction (for CD Drives with Accurate Positioning)
    6. Preview CD - play CD tracks and decide which should be ripped:
    Last edited by Spoons; 09-22-2004, 12:03 PM.
  • savagcl
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2004

Re: the PowerPack Thread

Good idea, Razgo. To get user input is always helpful in any project.

One thought - If users dont have a clear understanding of what something does
    presently, its harder to have input.
    For example (not the only one i dont understand): Eden swap????? Like my
    previous) boss said: You have to know where you are, before you can go
    somewhere better.

A clear definition of current operations is a given before any mods or changes
    should occur. So, a understandable definition (less technical jargon) of the
    current DSP effects upon conversions seems a very good place to start.

I'll be reading this one often.
    Good luck to you,
    savagcl

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

I think the list of DSP effects needs updating. Current Power Pack lists: 24 items including: graphic equalizer, looper, minimum length, to 16 bit (dither), to 24 bit, to 8 bit (dither), and volume normalize (which you had mentionned in your lead-in to the list.

Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

well i haven't forgotten about this project but just busy with other priorities. also it took some time to research and figure out the best format and way to deliver the end result. i found a program that is the best of the best as it can export into several different formats like html, pdf, ebook, windows help file etc...

however my biggest hold up is the price tag! currently at US$299.00 http://www.ec-software.com/hmpage.htm

i have tried and tested too many to remember and found this one to be the only acceptable way of doing it. because you only work from one file but can export to many. and because of the vast amount of things that dbpoweramp suite has and all the tech knowledge that goes with it, it needs to be done in a professional manner, and delivered as such also.

i was hoping to find this software on a magazine for free as a lot of companies do this now to enocourage an upgrade to their latest.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Razgo

i was hoping to find this software on a magazine for free as a lot of companies do this now to enocourage an upgrade to their latest.

This may help : http://www.helpandmanual.com/download.htm

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

unfortunatley that is an 14 day evaluation version only.

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

ok guys/girls i think we need to get on top of this. with the addition of the mp3 encoder now being part of the powerpack and expiring after 30 days, people will be confused as to why and what is the powerpack. as a lot of people now will either register to gain the mp3 encoder option or move to start using another codec. so i think a lot of people will not understand that the powerpack has been a long standing separate plug in addition to dbpoweramp and not a recent addition that just allows the use of the mp3 encoder.

so how to get around the confusion? well a good start would be to help out with the powerpack list of features as above in the first post. as there is no way i can know all the features and how they work. so it needs the effort of all those who use the powerpack. then we point people to the powerpack list of features.

i know one thing for is that if i do a uninstall then reinstall without the powerpack the cupboard looks bare!!!!!

so what do you all think?

Comment

• Razgo
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

and don't forget with Spoon's new year resolution focusing on dap we really need to know dap inside out :D

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

I agree. Without PowerPack many features we take for granted just aren't there. I could probably get to know PowerPack faster than I'd get to know dAP. I just don't use it enough and not enough in the way it's supposed to be used optimally. I will try my best to brush up on some of this in the new year (oh, another resolution :D ).

Comment

• misty miss
                    • Jun 2004

That sounds like a great idea. Do I need to just uninstall my DMC-r11 and my
                    [ Registered ] Power Pack ? Or just my [ Registered ] Power Pack? Will I have to
                    "trick" out anything in my registry because I had the "Registered" one installed?

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by misty miss
                      That sounds like a great idea. Do I need to just uninstall my DMC-r11 and my
                      [ Registered ] Power Pack ? Or just my [ Registered ] Power Pack? Will I have to
                      "trick" out anything in my registry because I had the "Registered" one installed?
                      I don't understand the question. Could you please rephrase?

Comment

• Razgo
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

i think misty mist means to see the difference between having the powerpack and not you would have to uninstall dmc and just install an unregistered copy to see what dissappears. as there are powerpack features tied into MMC as well.

Comment

Working...

]]>