title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mark Forums Read

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Mark Forums Read

I'm a bit puzzled as to what the point of this selection is as forums are marked read as soon as I exit the site (which I think is a bit unfortunate). To test this I visited the site after an absence of about 24 hours then immediately left. When I came back I clicked new posts and there were none. I then checked the forums and, of course, there had been new posts.

There are couple of sites I visit that use vBulletin. One is the same as this - one visit and everything is marked as read (www.wetpixel.com) and the other only marks posts as read once they are either read or the mark forums read option has been selected (www.digitaldiver.net). IMHO the second of those is a much better configuration.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Mark Forums Read

i haven't checked but from memory it's a cookie set for 900sec/s i think. then the forum is classed as read. many a discussion has been held at vbulletin.com about this issue. probably better to do a search there to see how it all works.

currently i think the only thing that can be changed so it's not marked as read so early is to change the default 900sec/s , and as long as you keep the cookie from here it should work.