title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

earphones question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • savagcl
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2004

earphones question

Anyone know where i could find a review page for earphones (more than one)? Preferably a page not created by the earphones company.

Or does anyone have a comment on the quality of their earphones?

thanks,
    savagcl
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: earphones question

have a look at head hi fi forums http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/
    i forget where the original wen site is? hmmmm...

anyhow I use Sony MDR-7509, http://www.sony.com.au/proaudio/cata...jsp?id=MDR7509 and are really comfortable on my head. but ear buds i have no experience in. i was always told not to stick things in my ears

/edit

i found the other site: http://www.headwize.com/
    Last edited by Spoons; 09-04-2004, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• savagcl
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2004

I think i found what i want (?). One of those on-the-neck set of phones.
      I tried my neighbors set and they are as good if not better than the ones
      that came with the player
      They are made by sony but i'll have to search, lacking a model number.

thanks,
      savagcl

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by savagcl
        I think i found what i want (?). One of those on-the-neck set of phones.
        I tried my neighbors set and they are as good if not better than the ones
        that came with the player
        They are made by sony but i'll have to search, lacking a model number.

thanks,
        savagcl
        Ergonomically speaking, I hate ear-buds - they keep falling out and then hurt my ears if I try to stuff them back in. As I hate those that stay at the back of the head since they tend to compete with my glasses for the prime location above my ears :smile2:

Comment

• savagcl
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2004

Those that go on the neck have a lot of models to chose from.
          There is a set that use the back of the neck for suooprt and dont go in the
          ear but also dont interfere with glasses. Thats the set i'm looking for. Going
          to bestbuy today and see if they have a set like that. If so, I'll get them
          and post my results here.

thanks ChristinaS,
          savagcl

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Those that go on the neck have a lot of models to chose from.
            There is a set that use the back of the neck for suooprt and dont go in the
            ear but also dont interfere with glasses. Thats the set i'm looking for. Going
            to bestbuy today and see if they have a set like that. If so, I'll get them
            and post my results here.

thanks ChristinaS,
            savagcl
            Ok, let me know if there's such a thing with a boom mic.

At this point, if I want quality audio with no outside noises, I use a full headset (with padded ear muffs) of the kind that is used for studio recording. But then I'm quite oblivious to whatever goes on around me. :smile2:

Comment

• savagcl
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Aug 2004

I looked at some of the "on the neck" phones but they all had to loop
              around the ear. Not good for wearing glasses.

I did see a couple with mic's but they were more for the telephone
              headsets. None of them mentioned a boom mic tho.

Need to keep looking for good set that dont interfer with glasses.

thanks,
              savagcl

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

I looked at some of the "on the neck" phones but they all had to loop
                around the ear. Not good for wearing glasses.

I did see a couple with mic's but they were more for the telephone
                headsets. None of them mentioned a boom mic tho.

Need to keep looking for good set that dont interfer with glasses.

thanks,
                savagcl
                Maybe http://plantronics.com/canada/en_US/...110/prod440042 though no idea on audio quality.

Comment

• savagcl
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Aug 2004

They look ok except for the price is pretty steep and it has a mic which i
                  have no need for at all.
                  Just as a check, i bought a cheapy set (14.00) for behind the neck and not
                  in the ear but outside. After i adjusted (spelled - bent) it, its not to bad
                  until i put my glasses on then its kinda flaky.

thanks for the info,
                  savagcl

Comment

• ChristinaS
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2004

They look ok except for the price is pretty steep and it has a mic which i
                    have no need for at all.
                    Just as a check, i bought a cheapy set (14.00) for behind the neck and not
                    in the ear but outside. After i adjusted (spelled - bent) it, its not to bad
                    until i put my glasses on then its kinda flaky.

thanks for the info,
                    savagcl
                    LOL! :D

Comment

• sajan
                      • Jul 2006

help me plz

:komisch9: ghelp me pls any one i want the code to develop my website that is also in html

Comment

• ChristinaS
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2004

Re: help me plz

Originally posted by sajan
                        :komisch9: ghelp me pls any one i want the code to develop my website that is also in html
                        What's this got to do with dBpowerAMP or anything? You in the wrong forum, or what?

Comment

• omnibus89
                          • Jul 2006

I have a pair of Shure E4c earbuds. They are true in-ear earphones (unlike those crap earbuds that come with mp3 players and just sit outside the ear cannal). They have great sound quality and are a decent compromise between the E3c's and E5c's (which has duel drivers by the way!). They seal off your ear and block out some outside noise and with the variety of sleeves you should find one that's comfortable for you (my picks are the earplug-like ones and the triple flang type). Oh, and if you wear them right they don't fall out, I've jogged and whatnot with them without a problem. ...The downside is that they retail for $300 (though I got mine cheaper). Still, if you use them a lot and want to fit them in your pocket, they're awesome. Note: if you try them give them a few days before you pass final judgement, they take a second to figure out the best way of wearing them and whatnot, then they become heavenly (for an earbud).

Comment

• oldtimer
                            • Aug 2007

I just bought a pair of Koss Plugs. They are an amazing value. They have made some of the best ear phones for 50 years and now are getting into the ear bud business. They are providing top of the line equipment for cheap.

The plugs can be had for as little as $10 with a life time warrantee. They have an incredible audio frequency span of 10-20,000 Hz. The ends are out side most human hearing but you can feel the base. I replaced the cheesy buds that came with my ipod. Those were engineered to not last a year. The Koss plugs are loaded with little features like gold plated plug, a little longer line and right angled sturdy plug so it doesn't break off. I was looking at a $200 pair of buds that were not nearly as nice. Plus they looked stupid. They were huge! They stuck way out of the ear.

Not everyone likes the the Plugs. To deliver that kind of base they need to be as the name implies, plugs. They have memory foam that you crunch then put into your ear and the foam slowly fills the ear. They are true isolation plugs. They drown out all ambient noise. Not the best for all situations.

However, they are a joy to listen with. The base is transmitted through the foam to your ear so you do not need the massive power that real speakers that need to push massive quantities of air needed to create the sub base tones. I have speakers that deliver 4 Hz but they need a behemoth power amp to drive them.

Comment

Working...

]]>