title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I convert cda files to mp3?

How do I convert cda files to mp3?

When I try to convert, I get the message "The CODEC required to decompress 'D:Track01.cda' could not be opened." But the CODECs area says that CODECs for cda and mp3 are part of the dBpowerAMP Music Converter original download. What now?

Re: How do I convert cda files to mp3?

Actually what you have to do is rip the audio cd's tracks to mp3.

Use dMC Audio CD Input rather than dMC alone (aka dBpowerAMP Music Converter ) for that and rip the tracks you want to files onto your pc.

dMC Audio CD Input fails to recognize the CD. "Insert audio CD" it says, even after I've inserted the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlock
    dMC Audio CD Input fails to recognize the CD. "Insert audio CD" it says, even after I've inserted the CD.
    You have to tell it which is your CD ROM drive. Use the Options button and check to see what drive letter is associated with your CD ROM drive and change it if necessary to the proper one. It may default to something else.

If changing the drive association, as suggested above does not work, I suggest that you visit the Support site for dBpowerAMP Music COnverter Audioi CD Input here:
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-support-audio-cd.htm

This gives some specifics about this error message, the fix for which may depend upon your system.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen