title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I convert cda files to mp3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dlock
    • Aug 2004

How do I convert cda files to mp3?

When I try to convert, I get the message "The CODEC required to decompress 'D:Track01.cda' could not be opened." But the CODECs area says that CODECs for cda and mp3 are part of the dBpowerAMP Music Converter original download. What now?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: How do I convert cda files to mp3?

Actually what you have to do is rip the audio cd's tracks to mp3.

Use dMC Audio CD Input rather than dMC alone (aka dBpowerAMP Music Converter ) for that and rip the tracks you want to files onto your pc.

Comment

• Dlock
      • Aug 2004

dMC Audio CD Input fails to recognize the CD. "Insert audio CD" it says, even after I've inserted the CD.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dlock
        dMC Audio CD Input fails to recognize the CD. "Insert audio CD" it says, even after I've inserted the CD.
        You have to tell it which is your CD ROM drive. Use the Options button and check to see what drive letter is associated with your CD ROM drive and change it if necessary to the proper one. It may default to something else.

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

If changing the drive association, as suggested above does not work, I suggest that you visit the Support site for dBpowerAMP Music COnverter Audioi CD Input here:

This gives some specifics about this error message, the fix for which may depend upon your system.
          Best wishes,
          Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>