title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

right click, program doesnt open. please help.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jenny867
    • Aug 2004

right click, program doesnt open. please help.

When i try to encode files with right click, the program doesnt open. previously i would select x number of files, right click convert to.. and the program would ask me which format. now the program doesnt even initiate. i need to use the start menu, which proves to be very inconvienant. i have completely uninstalled, and reinstalled several times, i just cant seem to figure out a fix. if anyone knows how to help, please let me know. ive been a loyal dMC user for quite some time, but now running win2k im recieving this problem. im win2k pro, with 512 ram, so it isnt a memory issue. thank you for your help.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: right click, program doesnt open. please help.

Originally posted by jenny867
    When i try to encode files with right click, the program doesnt open. previously i would select x number of files, right click convert to.. and the program would ask me which format. now the program doesnt even initiate. i need to use the start menu, which proves to be very inconvienant. i have completely uninstalled, and reinstalled several times, i just cant seem to figure out a fix. if anyone knows how to help, please let me know. ive been a loyal dMC user for quite some time, but now running win2k im recieving this problem. im win2k pro, with 512 ram, so it isnt a memory issue. thank you for your help.
    Run dMC Configuration (it's one of the programs that comes with dMC). At the bottom of the screen you'll see Windows Shell Integration. This is where you let Explorer right-click do its job. You may want to check all the options there.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

and install dMC R11 from Beta section of this forum.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jenny867
        • Aug 2004

I have installed the latest beta version, and i have toggled all the options in the configure dmc panel, but the program still doesnt open properly... any other suggestions? I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and I just can't seem to fix this bug... Also, with the beta version, I'm not getting the error "GetPopupInfo.exe Not Found" when i select an audio file, or hover. it no longer tells me te filename or the artist, etc. i think ive caused more harm than good.
        Last edited by jenny867; 08-31-2004, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

In Windows Explorer you must also enable pop-up information in Tools > Folder Options >View > Show pop-up description .... (last item to be checked). Make sure you also press the buttom Like current folder so that applies to all your folders.

Comment

• jenny867
            • Aug 2004

I checked my folder settings, and it was already set to show popup info. i unchecked it and rechecked it to make sure, but it is still lacking the .exe file. any other suggestions? thank you for your help.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Make sure the account you are installing onto has 'administrator' rights.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jenny867
                • Aug 2004

there are no user accounts on my desktop, only admin so sharing rights isnt an issue either, but thank you

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2002

First, have you tried the ideas outlined in the dMC Support section of this site here:

Second, we did have a user who had a similar problem which turned out (last we heard) to be caused by another program which appeared to be caused by another program. You might want to review this thread here:
                  When I go click to convert from my drop down menu in windows XP it wont convert. I have to click on the db icon on my desktop and select the files from there. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. How can I fix it so I can convert from my drop down menu once again?

Since it is likely to be way too convenient that you have exactly the same program on your computer let me ask you to think about the following:
                  When was the last time you remember having had this feature work for you, when was the first time you remember this feature not working and what happened in between?

If one of the first two sources work for you, pleasae let us know. If not, perhaps you can furnish some of the details asked for in the third paragraph.

Best wishes,
                  Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>