title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What About Macintosh Users!

Administrator

Re: What About Macintosh Users!

Yes the results would be the same.

Just upgraded to VMWare Fusion 4 from version 3 and my DVD drive, well, virtualized to a NEC... Now my AccurateRIP offset is gone and, of course, it cannot find this offset in the database. Is there a way to manually specify the offset in DBpoweramp since I know the offset?

Tonnemanski

Administrator

No, you have to keep feeding discs until accuraterip configures.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    Hi, i would like to reopen the thread because now i am a user of a powerful MacBook Pro, Parallels Desktop and dedicated Win 7 Pro PC and try to find an elegant way to RIP and CONVERT my music on my Mac with 4 cores (Win has only 2 cores).
    Since most of the audio encoders are only single-threaded, it really doesn't matter how many cores the computer has - unless you're using batch ripper or something. Single-threaded performance still matters. :p

And heck, with modern CPUs (Core 2 and later) you're limited by the RIP speed of the optical drive as often as not.

Congrats on the new laptop, though. :komisch12

Quote Originally Posted by kupje View Post
    It works just perfect using WINE...
    After sorting through many forums and forum posts and trying to run the dBpoweramp CD Ripper on Wine (both the open source and CrossOver installs), I'm not having any success. It sounds like a few people out there have gotten it to work, perhaps more so on Linux than Mac OS X, but I cannot find anything definitive. Here's my situation:

Hardware: MacBookPro with Intel i7 processor and internal CD/DVD drive
    Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion)
    Wine Implementations: (I tried both)
    1) open source install using MacPorts (Wine development release 1.3.37, I think)
    2) CrossOver: version 10.2.0 (trial version)
    dBpoweramp: version 14.2 reference

When dBpoweramp CD Ripper opens, it will not recognize the CD drive. I have tried the different communications options, and I have tried some different drive settings in winecfg, but so far nothing works. (Changing the drive type in winecfg to "CD-ROM" causes the drive letter to show up in CD Ripper, but it does not recognize the disc and still prompts for a disc to be inserted.)

I work primarily with Mac OS and ripping CD's is normally just a background task, so Boot Camp is not an attractive option. I may try Parallels, but even that doesn't seem like a sure thing.

So if someone out there knows the magic configuration settings to make this work, please share.

P.S., Tally one more vote for a Mac OS X implementation of the Secure and AccurateRip capabilities of the dBpoweramp tools. If I can get it working with Wine of Parallels, that will suffice, but some clear instructions would be mighty helpful and an actual Mac OS X version would be sweet!

Thanks!

Administrator

Crossover does not support CD Ripping.

Parallels works fine though.