title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What About Macintosh Users!

Re: What About Macintosh Users!

I am also very sad that the excellent DBPoweramp Tools are not available for the Mac. Perhaps we should start a List with users that are interested in such a version. I tried a lot of Tools on the Mac but they are all bullshit compared to DBPoweramp.

BTW, the CDRipper is not functional on Parallels. When you insert any Audio CD ist offers the Acurate Rip option, when you confirm it, it is running >10minutes and then displays the error message: "This key disc cannot be used for ofset detection (it does not match the one stored in AcurateRips database) please try a different key disc. This message comes with each Audio Disc (I tried 4 or 5 popular Audio CDs).

Kind Regards
    Andreas

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Lightbulb Re: What About Macintosh Users!

If you use Mac OS X and don't prefer/have the option of running dMc in VMware or Paralells (or maybe Codeweaver/Wine), you might want to take a look at Max (and the other apps) at http://sbooth.org/

And there's also an audio player named Cog, that might be interesting. (http://cogx.org/)

At least I was happy when I found these, as Apple/iTunes doesn't like OGG/Vorbis, it seems. (I'm able to play it using the QuickTime component from Xiph.org, but album art and tagging doesn't work well.)

Just my 5 cents ...

NYC, East Hampton, New Orleans, Coffeyville

I just made it work!

I have been happily using Dbpoweramp for about a year to encode .flac files for my transporter/sbs. For a variety of personal reasons I decided to buy an IMAC which I took delivery of about ten days ago.

I have just successfully ripped my first cd, with accurup, with dbpoweramp.

Here are the steps:

1. assumes current update of Leopard osx.
    2. download the latest build of Parallels. The version being shipped with Macs is obsolete.
    3. it WOULD NOT work with the built-in cd/dvd drive. on a whim I connected the outboard memorex cdr drive from my pc. once i selected it as the source, this just worked.

I've had success with Boot Camp, Fusion, and Parallels. All three work with both the Mac's internal drive (Matshita UJ-85J) and an external drive (Plextor PlexWriter Premium) connected via IDE to USB adapter. Once in a while I will have a problem getting the external drive to rip on the first go around ... but disconnecting and then reconnecting the drive and then restarting the software takes care of the problem. The internal drive works perfectly every time.

Question Re: What About Macintosh Users!

In the near future I am going to use a Mac and I would like to use the Fusion way to run dMC. But before, to be sure of quality result, I would like to know how dMC read CD contents.
    Does it make any difference (in quality, I don’t care about speed) if it use emulation layer? Or dMC need to have physical access to the device? Does it only read numeric data from disk or use the device DAC?

Thank you,

Olivier.

It works just perfect using WINE...

Wishing for a mac version too. In the meantime try Switch or run db on bootcamp.

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.h...2=c24switchmac

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: What About Macintosh Users!

Quote Originally Posted by Razgo View Post
    will one of these work? http://www.pure-mac.com/audio.html
    Yes, Max, http://sbooth.org/Max/ looks pretty promising ...

--
    flips

(Eh ... I guess I replied something earlier on in this thread ..., well never mind ...)
    Last edited by flips; 02-08-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Being a fool ... :)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

ok few comments for the mac users.

1. boot camp

2. itunes.

3. you choose to run a mac on OSX you shouldnt complain that you have less software choices then windows users, ITS YOUR CHOICE TO RUN THAT PLATFORM, Its like watching people with an iPhone/iPad complain about lack of flash support, YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WHERE GETTING INTO WHEN YOU BOUGHT THE DARN THING.

st.steve wants you to have only quality apps, so he puts out itunes and only gives you a couple supported audio formats, because "they are the best" be happy, hes saving you from having to many choices.

sorry but watching osx users cry that they want native software for OSX because windows users have it drives me a little batty, I mean YOU/They CHOOSE to run a platform that THEY KNOW HAS LESS CHOICES, they should be willing to just accept that they arent going to have the software selection that windows users and even linux users have.

fact is that a mac to day is just a pc running osx, no the quality of the parts isnt any better, the board is made by foxconn, the other parts are made by the same people who make the "pc" versions of those parts, the only diff is that you can run osx without alot of tinkering (i have run osx on a first gen phenom rig, its really not that hard....).

blah, getting side tracked.

My point is, You can boot camp and run WINDOWS along side OSX for this stuff or you can live with your choice to run a mac under OSX and be content in your false sense of security(osx isnt any more secure then windows vista/7, its just a smaller target)

About to become a Mac user and not really keen on having anything to do with Windoze on it but would love a dbpowermac hybrid . In the iPod/iPad/iPhone age lots more people are getting into Macworld and the world's best ripping tools should be there.

~M~

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I'm a Windows user, but I (and probably many other Windows users) strongly disagree with the content and tone of AshenSugar's post. I'd love to see Ripper and Converter work on Apple computers as easily as possible. I think it would greatly widen the user base for Spoon's products, and thus accelerate product development. I use an iPod, so greater integration with Apple would be good.

I also think that using Boot Camp to use the current version of these applications, while feasible, probably greatly limits the use of these products by Apple users. If these applications were the only reason to work in Windows for an Apple user, the purchase cost of a Windows operating system would make these very expensive to use (Apple provides Boot Camp for free, but you need to also buy a copy of a Windows OS to make use of any Windows application).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It would require an incredible amount of resources, research, time, money, and development to create an acceptable Mac client that meets Spoon's standards. In the meantime your best bet is BootCamp, VMWare, Parallels, etc.

I personally use BootCamp to run DBpowerAMP. :smile2:

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Good point in that there are other options besides Boot Camp. Spoon, which of your applications run well on Intel Apples with CrossOver Mac, Parallels or VMWare Fusion? Since both CrossOver and Parallels only cost about $40 and VMWare about $80, any would seem a good way to expand the user base without completely redeveloping the applications, or requiring users to shell out big bucks for a Windows install in Apples. If your apps run reliably on all three, do you recommend one solution over another?
    Last edited by twit; 12-13-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Hi, i would like to reopen the thread because now i am a user of a powerful MacBook Pro, Parallels Desktop and dedicated Win 7 Pro PC and try to find an elegant way to RIP and CONVERT my music on my Mac with 4 cores (Win has only 2 cores).

What about precision using Parallels? Are the results of ripping or converting cds or files absolutely the same if doing on Win directly? If yes, it's easy to run a Win 7 Pro VM safely.

Martin