title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Converting RealAudio10 (RAX) files to MP3 (or anything else)

Re: Converting RealAudio10 (RAX) files to MP3 (or anything else)

Quote Originally Posted by cs81
    Okay, I have successfully made wav files from the rax files! (Thank you so much, Christina!...you're a genius! ) My only complaint now is that the songs seem to have little crackles or quick pops in the background at different parts throughout the songs. I have double checked the Volume Control for recording to be sure the only enabled type is Stereo Mix. I also have all volume levels on playback (Volume Control and Wave) set to match the enabled Stereo Mix for recording. What could be causing these crackles/pops? Can I clean up the wav files with a program that repairs quality?

Thanks again,
    C
    I guess I forgot to mention a little thing: check the UV meter during recording! It does tend to go too high (red) if you keep the input level too high.

In Volume control - recording - for Stereo mix - have the volume slide bar only around 3/4 way up.

On the UV meter itself you should not see the level going into the red zone and staying there, so keep adjusting the recording volume until that disappears. If you try running just Test the recording levels (small button on dMC Aux Input main window) you can see that and move the slider to the optimal level indicated.

Unfortunately, at least in the beginning, this is a lot of trial and error .

Add to this that you have to either keep changing the output file name or delete it between take contend with always confirming its overwriting - it can be a bit lengthy.

The good news is that generally, once you've set all this up properly, the next time you're probably going to have to do a lot lesss adjustments.

Unregistered

I'd like to convert my newly downloaded (what a mistake!) RAX files to mp3 or .wav so I can transfer them to another computer. But I can't burn CDs on my computer so is there another way to do the converting?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I'd like to convert my newly downloaded (what a mistake!) RAX files to mp3 or .wav so I can transfer them to another computer. But I can't burn CDs on my computer so is there another way to do the converting?
    Thanks
    Just go through the thread and see the discussions concerning dMC Auxiliary Input.

chiggins

But has anyone had the problem where you COULD burn cd's from your purchased .rax files before but NOW RealPlayer 10 is staying it can't because of "Insufficient Rights"?

This is occurring on both files that I was able to burn for the past 2 weeks as well as files just purchased this morning.

Anyone seen this or have any advice?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chiggins
    But has anyone had the problem where you COULD burn cd's from your purchased .rax files before but NOW RealPlayer 10 is staying it can't because of "Insufficient Rights"?

This is occurring on both files that I was able to burn for the past 2 weeks as well as files just purchased this morning.

Anyone seen this or have any advice?

Thanks.
    Did you move those files to a new computer? it looks like you may have lost your licenses.

But also I've seen reference to the effect that you may make a limited number of copies of a purchased file after which your license expires.

That wouldn't explain the problem with the "just purchased" files, unless again you moved them to another computer.

Unregistered

Hey Christina,

Thanks for the quick reply.

No, these have all been on the same computer. I haven't moved them. And I knew about burning the same playlist only a limited number of times (5, I think), but I've only burned these older songs once, maybe twice, and of course, I've yet to burn the new ones.

It feels like a bug. I'm tempted to reinstall. Waiting to hear back from "Support"...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Hey Christina,

Thanks for the quick reply.

No, these have all been on the same computer. I haven't moved them. And I knew about burning the same playlist only a limited number of times (5, I think), but I've only burned these older songs once, maybe twice, and of course, I've yet to burn the new ones.

It feels like a bug. I'm tempted to reinstall. Waiting to hear back from "Support"...
    Support from Real Networks? Good luck! I suppose miracles do happen though :smile2:

A bit late to this thread, I realize, but I found it by Googling the error message ("Unsupported media type") I was getting in RealPlayer when trying to burn songs I purchased from their store to an audio CD, like the original poster. Amazingly enough, Real's tech support got back to me (two weeks late, and after condescendingly suggesting the same thing I could have read off their help pages), and their solution worked. So here it is...

Uninstall Realplayer by searching your hard drive for a file "r1pclean" (I think it's .r1pclean.exe, to be exact). Run this file to uninstall (I think it ends up uninstalling a lot more than a standard uninstall from Control Panel would).

When this is done, delete the folders c:\Program Files\Real and c:\Program Files\Common Files\Real (this second one is another key point left out of their help pages).

Go back to www.real.com and log in to Manage Your Account, and click the link to re-download RealPlayer. Reinstall it. Run RealPlayer, and (making sure that your settings are set to warn you before buying music tracks) go through the motions of buying a track from the Music Store. This will cause the Helix DRM to be redownloaded.

That should be all you have to do. Go back and find your Purchased music, and try to burn to a CD. Oh, I did have to start playing one of the tracks for it to realize that my computer was authorized again. Not sure why. But now, now errors, just Ready to Burn.

Hope this helps anyone with this problem who finds this thread like I did. It's much better than trying to use the dMC Auxiliary Input program (which is great, but not really a solution to the original problem, IMHO).

I just got a response back from Real's support yesterday regarding the same thing. The instructions worked as for getting rid of the "Unsupported Media Type" message. But, now when I actually try to burn the CD, it burns the first song successfully, then errors on the 2nd. I've changed the order of songs around to see if it had something to do with the specific file, but it doesn't matter. It always errors on the 2nd song. This even happens when I have it in "Test Mode". So, that tells me that it's not something with my CD burner itself. Any suggestions?

ryan

I am having the same problem as the post be4!!!!!!! I am so mad, i've wasted like 5 cd-r's!!!!!! Help me fix it, I actually paid for these songs!

zaphirer

When I first got some songs of Real, I couldn't figure out how to get the .rax files to play in my Muvo TX FM. However, with the use of Real's new Harmony drivers, I downloaded a "codec" that automatically converts the files to a readable format when you transfer using Real 10 (in my case, .wmv's). USE REAL HARMONY TO CONVERT TO A READABLE FORMAT FOR YOUR MP3 PLAYER!!!

zaphirer: I think we get the point now. Please stop spamming that into multiple posts.

Unregistered

Besides doing the dMC method, anyone have any idea how to burn a song that is less than 10 seconds long in RAX format to WAV? It is something that is part of an album I bought, but I can't put it on CD because it isn't 10 seconds long. Trying to figure out why this BS is in place.

Besides doing the dMC method, anyone have any idea how to burn a song that is less than 10 seconds long in RAX format to WAV?
    Are you wanting to burn the track to save it on cd or are you considering burning to disc to re-rip to another format? What cd burner are you using?

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by xoas
    Are you wanting to burn the track to save it on cd or are you considering burning to disc to re-rip to another format? What cd burner are you using?
    I'm looking to Re-Rip in MP3 form to put into iTunes to upload to my iPod (album wasn't avail at iTunes Store and I don't trust Real's software). The burner I am using is Memorex DVDUR/RW 8412AJ. I would have no problem with this if I could use my own software, but Real's software won't allow it.