title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Converting RealAudio10 (RAX) files to MP3 (or anything else)

Inger

Re: Converting RealAudio10 (RAX) files to MP3 (or anything else)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaS
    First of all if you see reference to .rax type when reading an audio cd that you've burnt, then you haven't burnt an audio cd at all. You must have simply burnt a data cd and you put the same old files on the cd.

Please reverify what you've really burnt. It has to be the Audio CD type not mp3 nor data type.
    The .rax never makes it to the CD. I cannot "add selected to CD" because it is telling me invalid media type". I haven't been able to burn an audio cd with files originating as .rax. I have been able to burn from RealAudio files of type mp3 and wma to an audio cd. I can also burn .rax, .wma, and .mp3 as data files no problem. The problem is that I can't make .rax files go to an audio cd because when I try to add them to the cd because I get the error "Invalid Media Type".

Quote Originally Posted by Inger
    The .rax never makes it to the CD. I cannot "add selected to CD" because it is telling me invalid media type". I haven't been able to burn an audio cd with files originating as .rax. I have been able to burn from RealAudio files of type mp3 and wma to an audio cd. I can also burn .rax, .wma, and .mp3 as data files no problem. The problem is that I can't make .rax files go to an audio cd because when I try to add them to the cd because I get the error "Invalid Media Type".
    Well, if you've tried all the methods given here without success, then the only thing remaining is dMC Auxiliary Input as explained in http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 .

After you capture your file to a proper format (like wav or mp3 and checked it for accepatbel audio quality), then you just use whatever cd burning program you normally use and create the audio cd with it.

But make sure you burn an audio cd, not a data cd (like mp3 cd), I cannot repeat that enough times. The data cd only allows you to play your music on pc's or mp3 players, not in ordinary cd players (unless they are the new kind that allow all sorts of formats).

Unregistered

I just downloaded Real Player 10, bought a CD to try it, tried to burn an AUDIO CD... and have created three coasters... using different burn speeds. What is the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I just downloaded Real Player 10, bought a CD to try it, tried to burn an AUDIO CD... and have created three coasters... using different burn speeds. What is the deal?
    Huhmmm.... is this the first time you do any burning of cd's?

What were you burning?

Is your issue with Real Player? dMC? the burner?

Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Converting RealAudio10 (RAX) files to MP3 (or anything else)

I'm still stuck. Audiograbber isn't working for me because I can't get the song files to load onto anything but RPv10. Because I think it may help you help me, here is my problem in a little more detail:

I am trying to create an audio CD that will play in my CD player at home or in car... But, I can't get the songs to write to a CD through the RealPlayer 10 Burner. After going through all the steps of burning the CD, RealPlayer says it has burned successfully, but there is nothing on the CD! I do not have this problem burning to a CD from Windows Media Player 9 at all (can do that easily), so this is why I think the trouble is from the rax file format. I was thinking that if I could convert the rax format to something like wav, the songs would actually write to the CD, as they have from WMPv9.

I really have no idea what I'm doing out of the RealPlayer or WMPv9 Burners, so I really need someone to explain all the steps to me in detail if it goes outside of those burners.
    I sure do appreciate any assistance, as I have been trying to get this to work for days!!
    Thank you!

Go back about 3 posts and follow those instructions.

Unregistered

Cool Re: Converting RealAudio10 (RAX) files to MP3 (or anything else)

When I download the dMC Auxillary Input, do I want to click Open or Save to my PC? And just to be sure I get this, are these the steps I should follow:

1. download dMC Auxillary Input
    2. make sure the stereo MIX or WAV sound is enabled
    3. start dMC
    4. start playing the music (rax) file in RPv10 and hit Stop - leave program open
    5. hit the Record button on dMC
    6. go back to RPv10 and hit Play
    7. after song is finished playing, hit Record button again on dMC to stop recording
    8. after a few seconds the wav file has been created
    9. can be played and burned through WMPv9

Is this correct?

Thank you!

When I download the dMC Auxillary Input, do I want to click Open or Save to my PC? And just to be sure I get this, are these the steps I should follow:

1. download dMC Auxillary Input
    2. make sure the stereo MIX or WAV sound is enabled
    3. start dMC
    4. start playing the music (rax) file in RPv10 and hit Stop - leave program open
    5. hit the Record button on dMC
    6. go back to RPv10 and hit Play
    7. after song is finished playing, hit Record button again on dMC to stop recording
    8. after a few seconds the wav file has been created
    9. can be played and burned through WMPv9

Is this correct?

Thank you!
    Essentially yes, except don't forget to also install dMC Aux Input

Also, I don't know about burning through WMPv9 - I suppose it could work, though it uses Roxio (at least on my pc it does and I don't actually have that one installed). I generally use Nero or dMC CD Writer.

And then you have to make an audio cd (finalized), not a data cd. This is very important.

Unregistered

Wink Re: Converting RealAudio10 (RAX) files to MP3 (or anything else)

Okay, thank you. I downloaded the dBpowerAMP Music Converter from the link in the above post. Now, the converter says it is not installed. How do I install it? Thanks again for you continued support!

Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Converting RealAudio10 (RAX) files to MP3 (or anything else)

Nevermind, I got it installed. Now, though, I am having problems getting it to record when I play the rax file in RealPlayer 10. It just says Track 01 (which was there when I downloaded dbpowerAMP) 100% completed in no time at all. It doesn't record the song I am playing. I wish I could zap someone through my PC to help me with this... lol. It's so mean of the RealPlayer tech support guys to provide me with no help whatsoever. :-( Afterall, I paid them .49 cents per song! lol

Nevermind, I got it installed. Now, though, I am having problems getting it to record when I play the rax file in RealPlayer 10. It just says Track 01 (which was there when I downloaded dbpowerAMP) 100% completed in no time at all. It doesn't record the song I am playing. I wish I could zap someone through my PC to help me with this... lol. It's so mean of the RealPlayer tech support guys to provide me with no help whatsoever. :-( Afterall, I paid them .49 cents per song! lol
    1) Make sure you fix Volume control for recording to take input from stereo mix not cd or microphone.
    2) Stat playing your rax file in real player. Stop it from the stop button (do not close the player) - keep that window open

3) Start dMC Aux Input

4) deal with one track per session for now - until your understand how it all works don't try to do more than one at a time

5) Click on Options:
    a) figure out which folder you want the output file to go to and how you want to call it;
    b) Uncheck if checked the Auto Start and Auto stop
    b) Record using should reflect your sound card not other devices you may have;
    c) Input source gives you another chance to adjust your Volume control as I said above - so use Stereo mix or whatever it's called (could be wave mix for instance);
    d) keep the Quality at 44.1KHz (CD quality);
    e) hit OK.

6) Then hit the little arrow on the Record button - select Record to - then check the type of out put file you want to make - I recommend wav

7) Again hit the little arrow on the Record button - select Compression settings - keep those at 16bit 44100hz 2 stereo(CD) - do not check the other thing below it that says Compressed

8) Again hit the little arrow on the Record button - select Record with options - This will display a summary of what you are recording to(wave), where the output goes, etc. Make sure that delete source file after compression is NOT checked. Unless something else doesn't look right, don't change anything else - Hit cancel

9) Now this is where you start recording:
    a) Hit Record once
    It will show you a little window with a VU meter and a red dot in the middle -
    b) Start playing the song in Real player
    c) click the red dot on the record window once - the VU meter starts moving as it is recording - you will see this all the while the song is playing and a count of time lapsed
    d) when the song finishes playing, hit that red dot on the record VU meter once again to stop recording
    e) you will get a progress window with a green tab and it will say it's completed - hit Finished
    f) You're done.

Now, using Windows Explorer, go back to the folder where you were supposed to have put the output wav file - if you don't see it, you've done something wrong! - the size should be rather big - about 10MB for each minute of audio. Of course the file extension should be wav (if you cannot see file extensions, check out this thread in FAQ: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5361 )

Double click on this file - this should start it being played in whatever default player you have. if it sounds good, you're in business. If it's crackly you didn't set up your Volume control properly for recording (i.e. you probably enabled the wrong type of input like microphone or auxiliary or line-in)

If not ok, delete this file and you'll have to start from the beginning.

If ok, this is a file you can make an audio cd with.

Later on when you are more comfortable with all this, you can start using Auto Start and End - but until then, I gave you here the unautomated procedure which allows more control.

You really should register in the forum so you can use features such as private messaging and proper searching of the forum by topics.

Unregistered

I have burned many CD's... WMP works awesome! I am using the same CD's.. I have Itunes, Real, AND WMP installed. Cause they all have their own format. I like WMP the best and I have all my cd collection in WMA. What i had hoped to do was burn the Real to a cd and then convert it to my WMA collection. But I can't get the Music Cd Burnt

Wink Re: Converting RealAudio10 (RAX) files to MP3 (or anything else)

Thanks so much, Christina! I have registered and will now attempt to follow your instructions, lol. :D
    I'll be sure to post again if I have anymore problems and will let you know if it works for me!

I have tried playing the real10 Audio CD's that I burned in my car's stereo which is fairly new and no luck, just get an err and cd ejects.. am I missing something...? being new to all this how do I get these songs to play on my or any car stereo?

Thanks.

DG
    A few possibilities:

1) you did not create an actual audio cd, but rather a data cd containing real media files. Only an audio cd can be played in standard cd player.

2) you did create an audio cd but it was not closed or finalized in the process. Real Player appears to close the cd though. Nero has to be told to do it.

3) your burner is not working well.

4) the actual cd is defective.

Smile Re: Converting RealAudio10 (RAX) files to MP3 (or anything else)

Okay, I have successfully made wav files from the rax files! (Thank you so much, Christina!...you're a genius! ) My only complaint now is that the songs seem to have little crackles or quick pops in the background at different parts throughout the songs. I have double checked the Volume Control for recording to be sure the only enabled type is Stereo Mix. I also have all volume levels on playback (Volume Control and Wave) set to match the enabled Stereo Mix for recording. What could be causing these crackles/pops? Can I clean up the wav files with a program that repairs quality?

Thanks again,
    C