title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Converting Itunes M4P into Mp3

Unregistered

Unhappy Converting Itunes M4P into Mp3

Hi,

is there anyone that is able to tell me how to convert itunes music M4P into a normal mp3 so i can put the music on to my player. I'm thankfull for any fair suggestions.

Sab

Re: Converting Itunes M4P into Mp3

This may help....

http://www.hymn-project.org/

All about Itunes and the conversion. In fact the software is only for Itunes.

I'm kind of slow,
    Could someone please explain how to burn the cd in itunes then convert the audio files to mp3? (in simple, easy steps)

Thanks for db power amp! Now i can put flac on my ipod! :yawn: :teufel8: :blush:

Quote Originally Posted by hammydude
    Thanks for db power amp! Now i can put flac on my ipod! :yawn: :teufel8: :blush:
    Umm.. but the ipod won't play FLAC...

Yes i know it wont play flac, flac is better than audio, i use it for my computer. How do you remove the copywrite protection from itunes with the CD?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hammydude
    Yes i know it wont play flac, flac is better than audio, i use it for my computer. How do you remove the copywrite protection from itunes with the CD?
    You burn the iTunes to a music CD (CD audio format = max. 80 minutes for a 700MB disc) using the iTunes burning program. Then rip the CD back to your computer and convert to any format you wish. You can use a CD-RW disk if you wish.

The other way is to play the iTunes tracks and record them as they play. You can do this using DMC's Auxilliary Input feature.

dBpoweramp Guru

speaking of copy protection, why do people protect their music if you can eaisly bypass it?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthecellist
    speaking of copy protection, why do people protect their music if you can eaisly bypass it?
    Easily? Not quite. Bypass it? You bet your sweet bippy. They know people can bypass the protection, but they do it so that they prevent some people from expending the effort needed copy their music.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    Easily? Not quite. Bypass it? You bet your sweet bippy. They know people can bypass the protection, but they do it so that they prevent some people from expending the effort needed copy their music.
    With all due respect to the forum rules, LtData, isn't it true that "hackers always win"? Dennis, the computer technician at my school said that. So why even bother putting protection? Although some people won't put the effort in to un-copy-protect the music, the hackers will know how, and then they'll let those "some people" know how, and then eventually, EVERYONE will know how.

At least, this is my perspective on this issue. There may be other opinions on this...

Quote Originally Posted by neilthecellist
    With all due respect to the forum rules, LtData, isn't it true that "hackers always win"? Dennis, the computer technician at my school said that. So why even bother putting protection? Although some people won't put the effort in to un-copy-protect the music, the hackers will know how, and then they'll let those "some people" know how, and then eventually, EVERYONE will know how.

At least, this is my perspective on this issue. There may be other opinions on this...
    Neil, you just asked the $16,000 question: Why use copy-protection if it will be broken. The short answer is that it will take time to break the protection and the copy-protection will discourage casual-copiers that don't wish to expend the effort/time to break the protection.

Just like locking your house doors and shutting windows when you're not around, and maybe even using an alarm system. Real thieves will always find ways in, but the "amateur" ones will think twice if it doesn't come easy.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaS
    Just like locking your house doors and shutting windows when you're not around, and maybe even using an alarm system. Real thieves will always find ways in, but the "amateur" ones will think twice if it doesn't come easy.
    So, based on your example, are people who wish to convert music they have paid for to another format thieves?

Why people use DRM music services are beyond me. At the prices they charge (in the UK) it is cheaper to buy a CD than get the album from itunes! And lets face it a CD is far better than a mp3 or AAC file - isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb
    So, based on your example, are people who wish to convert music they have paid for to another format thieves?
    I didn't say that, quite the contrary.

I was explaining why one would want to implement any sort of copyright protection, as an answer to a previous question.

Although, in fairness to the industry, it often does indeed veer that way.

And I agree, I personally never buy stuff from such services. If I want it badly enough, I'll buy the cd from a store. I will want it badly enough when I like enough songs on it to make it worth my while. No big loss otherwise.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Just by using DRM services such as Napster and itunes treat their customers as criminals in my opinion. There are plenty of decent DRM free services out there such as Bleep, e-music and Audio Lunchbox.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb
    Just by using DRM services such as Napster and itunes treat their customers as criminals in my opinion. There are plenty of decent DRM free services out there such as Bleep, e-music and Audio Lunchbox.

How about soulseek? it claims to be legal..... :o