title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Improvements in rip as one

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidHart
    • Aug 2004

Improvements in rip as one

One nice feature about the audio cd input feature is the rip as one feature. It is really great when you want to rip the whole disk as one file. However, it would be nice to improve the functionality of its features when you only want to rip part of the disk.

The easiest thing to do would be to add the frame information in addition to the time information so you could add that information into the frame.

Another improvement would be to have only the tracks that are checked in the conventional view come up to be ripped in the rip as one view. Another idea would be to have check marks in the rip as one view to check off which tracks you want to rip as one, in addition to be able to enter the information as frame numbers.

Right now the system just seems somewhat cumbersome (except when you want to rip the whole disc as one). If you want to rip a few tracks into one file you have to know the frame info but you can't get the frame info from the dbpoweramp cd input module.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Improvements in rip as one

You mean clicking on the red bar is not accurate enough? (left and mouse button).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DavidHart
      • Aug 2004

Dear Spoon,

Maybe I'm not getting the click correct but it seems to give too much ability to move. What I mean that I'm not sure I have the frame exactly up to the track I want. I try to judge it visually but I've doubled check by bringing up Audio Grabber (who can give you the frame size of each track) and I find out that I've slightly missed where the track is. Maybe I'm missing some trick that involves clicking on a part of the track name or something that will snap the bar automatically to the beginning of the track.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is supposed to jump to the start of the track, but if there were many tracks bunched up together then it could be difficult. The Play preview will play what is selected for rip as one. I will note down that improvements could be made.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DavidHart
          • Aug 2004

Another idea could be if you in the standard view you could right click and get the properties of an an individual track that would include the frame numbers.

Comment

Working...

]]>