title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can´t even get to install it... HELP!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lunarium
    • Jul 2004

Can´t even get to install it... HELP!?

I´ve just registered a couple of programmes (dBpowers AMP CD writer and Powerpack), but cannot manage to get the CD writer one to work.

I download it with the link emailed to me, and then install it seemingly without a problem. But when all that is done, the dMC Configuration window appears and tells me it has not been installed. THe icon is on the desk and it recognises CD tracks but when I try to rip them it says the file location could not be opened.

I´ve installed and uninstalled the programmes about three times, but no better.

Any pointers on what I'm doing wrong?

Just got an mp3 player screaming to be filled up with my cd collection and don´t know what else to do...

Help much appreciated...

Desperate newby
  • lunarium
    • Jul 2004

Re: Can´t even get to install it... HELP!?

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Are the CD Writer and your version of db Music Converter installed in the same location? If you go Start>All Programs>dbpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dMC Coniguration and go to the section that starts ? Version Information, does it show CD Writer as being installed?

If it does not I would recommend that you uninstall and reinstall dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter) to the default location and, if CD Writer does not show up in the right spot, I would reinstall CD Writer.

If your dMC screen shows your CD Writer as being installed, could you please post the exact error message(s) you are getting when you try to open these tracks?

Best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• lunarium
        • Jul 2004

Thanks for replying so fast...!

Yes both programmes are on the same drive. As for the configuration window, that's when I begin to find trouble... It literally displays the following:

- dMC Release 10 beta 3
        - Power Pack Registered; Yes

- dBpower AMP writer Release 1.1
        (here it should say Registered: yes, right?, but it says nothing and instead moves on to the following line about the sveta...)
        - Sveta Port Audio Not installed

- Auxiliary input Not installed
        - File selector Not installed

Then it lists a few more bits about the Compression and Input codecs and that´s that.

When I insert a cd and try to rip it the error message says:

"The output file E:/band name/track title, could not be opened"

I've already uninstalled it and installed again 3 times, turned the compiter off, let it rest, come backagain, but nothing's changed... why oh why?

Can't thank you enough for your help...

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Huh .... I don't know if this helps, but you should install the two programs not only on the same drive but in the same folder in Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP. In other words, where it originally proposes to install them all. The same for all the other related programs.

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Are you sure it says "dMC Release 10 beta 3".
            The current beta version for dMC is Release 11.
            Try downloading and installing dMC Release 10.1 from the Downloads section.
            If this does not correct it STOP with all the uninstalling and reinstalling.
            I believe that your programs are in the right spot (my dMC Configuration also fails to add that CD Writer is registered, although I am using the Release 2 beta of CD Writer).

Can you tell me how you are trying to open this mp3 file for CD Writer? Can you tell me the properties (bitrate, frequency, channels) of this mp3 file?
            Also, can you tell me if you have other audio ripping, playback, burning software on your PC?

Best wishes,
            Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• lunarium
              • Jul 2004

Again thanks for your all pointers, I think after trying for the best part of the night I need a bit of a rest..., I'm begining to see weird things by now...

So no succcess yet, but I'll keep at it!

Thanks you people!!

:komisch9: ...

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Your configuration settings are correct (for CD Writer it will only say if it is unregistered when you run the program).

>THe icon is on the desk and it recognises CD tracks but when I try to rip them it says the file location could not be opened

This is the problem, try ripping to 'Test Conversion' does that work, if so try ripping to C:\ and set the file arrangement (in options) to [artist] - [track]
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>