title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I get Windows XP- Windows Explorer to show/sort by Track with APE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VNG
    • Jul 2004

How do I get Windows XP- Windows Explorer to show/sort by Track with APE

I can not get Windose :yawn: XP to show APE information in the audio details format in Windows Explorer. Yes, It works fine for MP3s; yes when I scroll over an APE song it shows the ID3 tag in the yellow pop-up screen.

However it won't show time or track no in the primary windose :yawn: explorer screen (view > details), just Artist-song 27,037 KB APE File. Therefore it won't sort by track. :vmad:

Any hints, hacks, tips, tricks, cracks, patches, punches to fix this? Id like to once again have my audio files sorted by Track No. while browsing in Windose :yawn: Explorer.

TIA

Windows XP Home SP 1
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: How do I get Windows XP- Windows Explorer to show/sort by Track with APE

I think that Windows Explorer can only support audio files in the wma or mp3 format.

I run Directory Opus 6 in Explorer replacment mode on my machine and it has the same problem so I have learned to live without this feature. Especially as I normally view my audio files via MMC anyway.

Wayne

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

The New dBpowerAMP Music Converter Release 11 (beta section this forum) - has an option to add its own columns to explorer for any supported format (APE) - right click on a column and enable the dBpowerAMP ones (at the bottom of the list).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• VNG
        • Jul 2004

Wow... quick support and great enhancements. You rock Spoon.

Im going to look at the other enhancements of β11.

Thanks again

PS I have to ask. Spoon, are all your friends brown and red? :D

Comment

Working...

]]>