title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I configure ID tag settings?

rob

How do I configure ID tag settings?

I'm sure I have changed one of my computers so that ripped songs include the track number in the filename (for sorting purposes), but drop it from the tag data that is read by my player. Trying to do this on another computer but can't find where to do it.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: How do I configure ID tag settings?

Audio CD Input >> Options >> File Arrangement

rob

Smile Re: How do I configure ID tag settings?

Thanks. I was just using the Options drop-down arrow rather than clicking on the icon itself. That was driving me nuts. What a relief.

rob

I take it this isn't possible to do if converting from a .wav on the hard drive to an .mp3 (in other words, it's only an option in dMC Audio CD Input)?

A wav file doesn't contain any tag information and so neither will any mp3 files created from it. This means that dMC/dAP are unable to provide a track number etc. within the file name.

To create basic tag information within MP3 files created from wav I normally use the "Tag From Filename" codec using information based on the mp3's file name and folder structure.

Wayne