title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: audio file format problem

Re: audio file format problem

They appear to have changed their web code.

http://support.rcaaudiovideo.com/dow...spx?product=23

Try this link as of today it takes you to the software updates for the rp5022 "RP5022 Digital Voice Manager Software v3.24"

I also have the same problems as above. And if ever someone finds a batch converter for this bizarre filetype I would very much appreciate an email.

Audacity has no plans to ever support this file type, and nothing that ubuntu has access to will even attempt to play it. (SOX opens voc files but the creative voc, not this weird RCA G.729A voc)

This device would rock if as it has been said before, it were back lit and had a way to convert the files to a useable format.

Innomen@gmail.com

Hi, I just joined the forum in order to post on this. I recently got an RCA RP5022B digital voice recorder myself. I have an iMac and I found this thread while searching for ways to convert RCA's VOC file format to wav or something else usable. It took a while for me to discover that RCA's VOC is not the same as Creative's VOC.

I discovered that by using Audacity 1.3.3b's Import > Raw Data menu option, I could import a VOC file and get something that was at least fairly recognisable, albeit with quite a bit of static. The settings I used were 'VOX ADPCM,' big-endian, mono, 32-byte offset, 100%, 8000 Hz. Little endian also seems to produce a nearly identical file. I tried it on a five-second voc of me singing 'la la la la la' at different pitches, and I could clearly hear my voice. There is still just so much static though, it sounds like AM radio from 500 miles away.

Given that it only took me about 20 minutes to figure this part out, I'm sure that it would not be beyond a contributor or developer of Audacity to figure out the rest.

--Eoban

I bought RCA RP 5022 digital voice recorder recently.I could not transfer and play sound files in wav format from my pc onto the recorder. I came to know thru this forum that similar problems are being experienced by others. Is there any utility by which we can convert mp3/wav files into the RCA Digital voice recorder (RP5022) recognisable format? pl post any solution to this.
    ...padmini

Quote Originally Posted by djheater
    They appear to have changed their web code.

http://support.rcaaudiovideo.com/dow...spx?product=23

Try this link as of today it takes you to the software updates for the rp5022 "RP5022 Digital Voice Manager Software v3.24"
    RCA SEEMS TO HAVE LISTENED (is that possible)?

I check the link mentioned and downloaded DVM (Digital Voice Manager) from RCA site. Although it's a little kludgy and basic in terms of Windows interface, a confusing instructions, the software now has a way to convert the proprietary .VOC file into a .WAV file. I checked it out by reading the .WAV file in two other applications, and it worked great.

The ability to convert the files with the included software has been there all along, but thats not what is required. For one, some people want to convert files INTO the voc used by the player, and for another some people want clean batch conversion. Or the ability to play the voc files directly.

There is a request in the audacity forums to include support for this filetype.

But only me and another have cast our support for it. You can help, just post a short message on thier forum http://audacityteam.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=785 .

So, the problem is still alive and well.

I solved this format on March 28. Anyone with a C compiler can download my source code and batch-convert RCA VOC files on any operating system.

http://cybercom.net/~dcoffin/rca/

I found the answer. it's so simple. There is a problem with that version. IT SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK! YOU CAN'T SAVE WITH IT. I downgraded to to .6 and its perfect!
    http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/cgi-...i=&p_topview=1
    hope this helps

Thumbs up Re: audio file format problem

[QUOTE=Unregistered;25807]I just purchased an sony digital music player in this player use the OMA format. i want to mp3 file convert in this format. can u help me. can u give me convertor of this file.thnx

Quote Originally Posted by bkaplan View Post
    I have an RCA RP5016 (digital voice recorder) it saves the audio in a voc file format..however the voc converter for dbpowerAMP doesnt seem to convert it at all. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Bryan
    RCA RP 5022 AUDIO PROBLEM PLAYBACK ON VISTA: CONVERT YOUR VOC. FILE TO A WAV WITH RCA SOFTWARE THEN OPEN QUICKTIME PLAYER FIND FILE AND PLAY VERSION 7.6.8 (1675) WORKED FOR ME

this is for the RCA voice recorder voc. format converter. the RCA voice recorder i got comes with converter software. and you can download it for free. the name of the software is digital voice manager. and you can download it for free at http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/...voice-recorder

or just google digital voice manager and the first link brings you to the same sight. really its a dummy package made just for the voice recorder but it alows you to convert the voc. into the fare more common wav. format. which most programs can use. by inserting the voc. file into the program and right clicking on it, it will bring up a drop down box whith one of the options being convert to wav. and then you will be asked to deside where you want the new wav. file to be placed after you continue with the proses you will end up with a wav. file of the thing you recorded with your RCA. voice recorder. to download the softtware package go to the website i gave and hit the click here to start download. then it will be saved in your downloads section of your browser. then click it and the instalation wizard will begin. fallow the steps and you will be converting those pesky voc. s in no time.

this is for the RCA voice recorder voc. format converter. the RCA voice recorder i got comes with converter software. and you can download it for free. the name of the software is digital voice manager. and you can download it for free at http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/...voice-recorder

or just google digital voice manager and the first link brings you to the same sight. really its a dummy package made just for the voice recorder but it alows you to convert the voc. into the fare more common wav. format. which most programs can use. by inserting the voc. file into the program and right clicking on it, it will bring up a drop down box whith one of the options being convert to wav. and then you will be asked to deside where you want the new wav. file to be placed after you continue with the proses you will end up with a wav. file of the thing you recorded with your RCA. voice recorder. to download the softtware package go to the website i gave and hit the click here to start download. then it will be saved in your downloads section of your browser. then click it and the instalation wizard will begin. fallow the steps and you will be converting those pesky voc. s in no time.