title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

4 speaker support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueznl
    • Jul 2004

4 speaker support

i think i gotta' post it here as i don't know where else to post it :-)

i like dbpoweramp, enough to register the power pack even though i have no real use for it :-) but there's one thing missing, and that is four speaker support... as most users, i got a 4 speaker setup (ok, others have 5.1, i'm not that rich :-)) unfortunately dbpoweramp does not output any sound to the rear speakers... anybody have any suggestion how to accomplish this? or am i simply overlooking something?

(audio: terratec dmx x-fire 1024, 4 speaker config, labtec speaker set)
  • Hyrize
    • Jul 2004

Re: 4 speaker support

I always thought your sound-card did the processing required to send audio to the rear speakers? I have a 5.1 sound-card (which i probably works differently), but i can tweak settings for the rear channels through sound-card options (thru control panel), such as turn them on or off, maybe you could double check your settings here

Comment

• donny
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Oct 2002

yes the card should have these settings in the control panel, or in the volume control, it is sometimes called emulate suround sound or something like that, but on advanced cards (and I think terratec should be) you can tweak a lot.

Comment

• blueznl
        • Jul 2004

fooled around with the audio card, and although it has a 'emulate surround' setting, nothing happens, weird thing is: it works in media player :(

Comment

• Hyrize
          • Jul 2004

you might like to try changing dap's output from wave to directX (done through dap's menu), obviusly if you have the surround working in windows media player then i would assume it's related to dap. did the surround work in windows media player before you used "emulate surround"?

Comment

• ferris209
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Oct 2003

What kind of soundcard are you running? Factory or aftermarket? If so, do you have the factory or aftermarket software installed?

Comment

• ferris209
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2003

oops, Terratec I got it, but did you install the Terratec software and drivers?

Comment

Working...

]]>