title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is there any .mid support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maSter

Is there any .mid support

I have got a big problem:a bibliothecary of .mid files which I want to convert to .mp3 that I can burn them on CD. but I didn't find a decoder program for it and WINAMP can't convert it....
    PLZ help
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Is there any .mid support

Originally posted by maSter
    I have got a big problem:a bibliothecary of .mid files which I want to convert to .mp3 that I can burn them on CD. but I didn't find a decoder program for it and WINAMP can't convert it....
    PLZ help
    dMC cannot directly convert midi files but you can capture the audio using dMC Auxiliary Input while playing the midi file in whatever player you have that plays it. You can capture the audio to wav or even to mp3 or wma directly. I recommend capturing to wav and converting that to whatever else you need.

Comment

• Unregistered

but...I don't know how to use it...I come from Germany and I am not very good at industry english...

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
        but...I don't know how to use it...I come from Germany and I am not very good at industry english...
        Try the procedure given here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2213

Make sure you have installed dMC Auxiliary Input, dMC as well as any codecs you may need for converting to various types of files.

The summary of the steps (in my own words ):
        1) Make sure Volume Controls indicate your input that is enabled is either Stereo Mix or WAV (this refers to the sound coming from the sound card, not the type of file played)- it depends on your sound card - certainly not CD input. The settings here differ a lot from one sound card to another, you'll have to experiment a bit.
        2) Start dMC Auxiliary Input and make your settings for the output file that will capture the audio of the midi file - I prefer to capture to wav first and convert later. Explore all these settings and use your intuition, that's the best I can say.
        3) Start playing the midi file in the player that supports it and hit the Stop button (do not close this player)
        4) Go back to dMC Auxiliary Input and hit the record button.
        5) Go back to the player and hit the Play button - if you look at the UV Meter in the dMC Recording window you should see it active and moving.
        6) When the song has finished playing, hit the Recrod button in dMC Auxiliary Input once again to stop recording. After a few seconds the wav file has been created, with the name and in the folder specified previously in the dMC settings.
        7) Use dMC in the regular way to convert the wav file to mp3 or any other format you wish, unless you'd defined your output file other than wav (e.g. mp3) in the beginning.
        This is a tricky procedure, but once you understand it, it becomes easier and almost second nature and it will solve numerous conversion problems as more file types are added that dMC does not support outright.

Comment

Working...

]]>