title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3-wmp converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billythesquid

mp3-wmp converter

is there anything out there to convert mp3 to wmp files i need to convert them as the system they are destined for is only able to play wmp audio files
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: mp3-wmp converter

dMC can convert mp3 files to wma (if you download and install the appropriate codecs). It will not convert to wma but my hunch would be that perhaps Windows Media Player might be able to assist if, in fact, you really do need wmp files rather than wma files.
    Perhaps another user might be able to fill in the blanks here.
    Best wishes
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by xoas
      dMC can convert mp3 files to wma (if you download and install the appropriate codecs). It will not convert to wma but my hunch would be that perhaps Windows Media Player might be able to assist if, in fact, you really do need wmp files rather than wma files.
      Perhaps another user might be able to fill in the blanks here.
      Best wishes
      Bill Mikkelsen
      I think what he/she means is wma files - as there are no wmp file that I'm aware of. Of course there could be other files native to WMP (Windows Media Player) like asf or wmv that can be collectively refered to as such.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

I have run across an obscure item which indicates that .wmp may sometimes be used as a type of file containing video information for Windows Media Player.
        So this may be a case where converting the file in Windows Media Player to wmp format might be a possibility.

Comment

Working...

]]>