title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Real Audio file conversion

dBpoweramp Guru

Real Audio file conversion

In another thread, unless I misread it, all seemed agreed tht DMC could convert ra files to other formats only in real time. I thought the new codec changed this. Certainly I can convert ra to mp3 at about 12x and to wave at about 19x.
    Arnie

Re: Real Audio file conversion

Quote Originally Posted by adaywayne
    In another thread, unless I misread it, all seemed agreed tht DMC could convert ra files to other formats only in real time. I thought the new codec changed this. Certainly I can convert ra to mp3 at about 12x and to wave at about 19x.
    Arnie
    Since the DirectShow codec was introduced, it is now possible to convert real media at faster speeds. The catch is you need Real Alternative instead and to install the DirectShow filters.

Also it doesn't seem to work on some systems or it doesn't work without glitches (on mine it works for conversions, but getpopupinfo bombs out when dealing with real media files, especially since I refuse to install Real Alternative as a substitute for Real Player, so I only used the DirectShowfilters from it - I am managing though :p ).