title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Freedb not working

Question Freedb not working

I have been using dbpoweramp for several months. About 3 weeks ago in the middle of converting a batch of CD's freedb started saying Album not found. I upgraded tonight to version 9 and still same prob. I completely deleted program, including the folder and reinstalled and still same prob, can you p[lease let me know exactly what my settings should be. I don't remeber messing with settings in the beginning, but I have now. Thank You,
    Nighth74

Administrator
    Click Options

and remove any text in the boxes where it says freedb - port, server - uncheck proxy, click ok, then options once more and they should all be filled in with defualt values. Also click the 'Select' button - it should return a list of all the freedb servers if it is working.

nighth74

didn't work

Thanks for the quick reply, I cleared everything and it stayed blank, I closed the prog and reopened it and still blank

Administrator
    The correct settings are - server:

freedb.freedb.org

Port:

CGI script:

/~cddb/cddb.cgi

3 retries.

Mine also suddenly stopped working over the weekend....I switched to one of the mirror sites in Australia, and now things work fine !