title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Change where a tracks end and begin in CD ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tardmrr
    • Jun 2003

Change where a tracks end and begin in CD ripper

I have several CDs that the intro to most of the songs is actually at the end of the previous track. This is all well and good for listening to the songs in that order all the time. I prefer, however, to rip the songs to my computer and (through DAP of course) play the songs as part my other songs... in random order. It would be nice if when ripping the songs from CD there would be a way to digitally chop off the end of a song and attatch it to the beggining of the next. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
    Matt
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Change where a tracks end and begin in CD ripper

I believe you can do this if you have the Power Pack installed but I am not sure whether it is very simple.
    With the Power Pack you should be able to use the Rip As One feature from Audio CD Input to create tracks that start toward the end of the previous track and end before the end of the track. You will have to rip each track individually. There is a bar on the
    left after you click on the Rip as One button and get to the Rip as One screen. When you first open this screen there will be a thick red line running the length of the bar. The red line represents your active recording area. To start other than the start of the cd use your left mouse buton to select your starting point. Use your right mouse button to select your ending point. There is a preview feature which should help you identify your starting and ending point for your track.
    MAKE SURE that the box which reads "Snap to Track" is UNCHECKED.
    That should do it except that you will have to edit your tags afterwards for each track.
    Without the Power Pack you can't do it with dMC but you could cut and paste ripped files using an audio editing program if you have an interest in such a strategy.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• tardmrr
      • Jun 2003

Re: Change where a tracks end and begin in CD ripper

Thanks alot! I got it. And for a plus it worked just as I would have wanted it to.

Comment

Working...

]]>