title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Attempted to change genres and getting Asian font!

Attempted to change genres and getting Asian font!

Just built a new computer and installed dBpoweramp which I've now used for several years. Followed the instructions to get to %Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp, found genres.txt. Pastes my previous list of Genres and now the drop down in edit mode shows what looks like Chinese symbols? I checked the font in the Microsoft Text program and it's not an Asian font. Tried changing font to Arial, Cambria, Microsoft Sans Serif. Still the same.

Dropdown list was fine before editing, just not the list I wanted that's worked before. Help appreciated!

Re: Attempted to change genres and getting Asian font!

I noticed that when I open the original genres.txt Windows 11 text program shows Macintosh (CR) in the status bar, not Windows (CRLF) and I suspect this is what is screwing up the genres drop down menu when attempting to edit tracks. Spoon, is there a way to change the format back? This issue is not related to the font that is chosen. I'd rather not have to manually add every genre to your formatted list if possible, just cut and paste my old one. Thanks for your help.

Just tried changing again and see it's not related to Windows (CRLF). I'm stumped on this.

Administrator

Delete the file and let dBpoweramp create it again

Still stumped. Deleted and it came back but I can't add or change anything without dropdown still showing the strange font. Any other ideas with regard to the Notepad formatting options? What font are you using? Oh, and Merry Christmas Spoon!

Administrator

Do you have standard notepad?

You need to save the file with Unicode encoding, it is not about a font, rather encoding. If not, download a program called Notepad++

Boom! That was it. Thanks for the solution.