title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

The Worst Scum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

The Worst Scum

I tell you running dBpowerAMP puts you in contact with the worst possible scum, it goes like this, on the email contact page it clearly states that all support should be on the forum. In the last 2 weeks I get two seperate emails, they are 'how do I uninstall dbpoweramp?' to which I reply 'please ask on the forum'. The reply I get back is the nastiest piece of shit you have ever seen - one wants me to 'burn in hell (sans swearing)' the other is 'going out on the web to say how bad dbpoweramp is'. Pure scum, sometimes makes me wonder why I bother....
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: The Worst Scum

yeh i dunno whats going on but i see it appearing on the rioworld forums too. just a select bad few i guess.

and it's amazing how just one person so negitive can pulll you down. i just stay focused on the positive side now and say what i need to say and then move on and forget it.

Comment

• ferris209
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2003

I know EXACTLY what you mean Spoon, I am a police officer and a amatuer country music singer in my off time. On the job, I can have five citizens tell me thank-you for what I'm doing, and one tell me I ain't worth nothing, then my mind is stuck on that one person all day. Same with my singing, a hundred people can tell me that I am good and than one drunk guy satggers up and tells me he didn't like my singing and that I ought to quit, I'm depressed the rest of the day, all over that 1%. Natural human reaction to want to be acepted by everyone I guess, especially for something you work so damn hard on.

Brandon

Comment

• Craze
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

How sad that there are people who have nothing better to do than to tear good people down. I think we've all been there.
        Just realize that it's not about you or the software. They're just naturally miserable jerks and tearing down others is the only way that they can feel good about themselves.
        I uninstalled all of the other inferior players I was using over two years ago and have never looked back. The only audio player on my system besides Windows Media Player is the dBpowerAMP player. And I recommend it to everyone with musical interests.

Spoon...Don't let anyone take away from you all of the wonderful things that you've done and are doing. You have our total support!

Craze

Comment

• donny
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Oct 2002

the problem is this kind of people are the loudest ones... so if there is one of them in a 100 it is the one shouting and making life miserable for all off the others...

my god, don't they know how to read? there are help files, uninstall procedure is pretty much standard, forums right under their nose....

Comment

• ferris209
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Oct 2003

And even if they don't like, why do they feel the need to tell you, and usually so bluntly and unpolitely.

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
              I tell you running dBpowerAMP puts you in contact with the worst possible scum...
              Oh, don't worry yourself so much over a bunch of spoilt rotten kids! It's their loss, not yours.

Do they know how to read? Maybe, but they don't bother to read. By the nature of the product you have here this appeals to a great number of kids, most of whom are just looking for quick fixes to whatever problems they have achieving their ultimate goal of packing as many mp3 from any number of (often dubious) sources onto an mp3 player.

They are not interested at all in understanding how it's done, they want a super simple fast, one button solution, preferably something that might read their befuddled mind too. They don't read and don't follow anything more complex than a one-step explanation, and forget the long words.

Basically there are a lot of vary lazy people who get frustrated by their own inability to follow simple instructions. They are handicapped by having been spoilt by the luxury of having the use of a computer, an internet connection, a cd burner and some fancy portable player and too much time on their hands, with no effort to understand even minimally how anything works. And then they go out and drive too ... watch out!

This forum already provides an enormous amount of support, much more than the manufacturers of any consumer product I've ever acquired or been acquainted with out there. Not to mention the great products that we get to use for free. They are all a labour of love, but those who benefit most from them often don't appreciate the effort and care that's gone into creating them, and even less the help they get here. Hey, that sounds just like many of today's teen-agers, doesn't it?

Oh, I didn't mean to turn this into a sermon, but it just sort of naturally turned this way I also don't mean to rant against teen-agers in general, just the really bad apples out there

Comment

• JVILLAS
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Oct 2002

Hi Spoon, so sorry to hear about this incident. Having been around the dbpoweramp forums for awhile now, I can say that you and the entire team have been an absolute pleasure for me. I feel very much at home here. I can also add that things here at dbpoweramp are getting even better. It is really cool to see and here about what you, Razgo, and Donny are up to. You all are always looking ahead and striving for excellence. I must add that the newest support tean members are simply awsome. And Spoon having run across some of your posts at other forums has left me with a sense that you are a man of integrity and strong values, and willing to aid and defend others. I guess I can go on and on. Iguess all I can say is that I'm glad your here and the team is here and that dbpoweramp is here.

Comment

• Archon
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jul 2003

Dont worry Spoon, anything bad they say about dB you got everyones support from the forum to prove that it isn't so. They can say dumb things but nothing will afect the quality of dBPower amp, and I don't believe that those folks have something smart to say at all.
                  Shortly, ignore them and keep working, there might be two $^@# that dont like it but they are noting!

En taro' Adun, Spoon!

Comment

• drspy00
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Apr 2004

Don't let it worry you spoon, your software is excellent and better than any software that costs money that does similar things. How could anyone complain about these great programs, especially when they are free. You can't complain about something thats free! There certainly are lots of scum in the world but also lots of good people too.

Comment

• Archon
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2003

All of these incouraging posts of support must mean more than a couple of freaks who don't know what are they saying. So remember the songs: "Don't worry, be happy" and "Always look on the bright side of life" .

You will always have support of us all!

En taro' Tassadar!!:D

Comment

Working...

]]>