title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to convert a mms://*.* or rtsp://*.* to a MP3 file?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

How to convert a mms://*.* or rtsp://*.* to a MP3 file?

"StreamBox VCR v1.0 Beta 3.1 SMF+" and Net Transport cannot download any audio on soundmoney.publicradio.or.../economy/. But free Realplayer 10 plays them all. I'm connected through a corporate LAN. "Streaming Proxy Settings" are "PNA and RTSP Proxies"-"Automatic configuration", "HTTPProxy"-"Use proxy: 192.168.0.1 3128", "Automatic configuration"-"Automatically detect settings" in the free RealPlayer 10. How to configure StreamBox and Net Transport network settings the same way as RealPlayer configured itself?
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to convert a mms://*.* or rtsp://*.* to a MP3 file?

rtsp usually means it's on a secure site. so just download "auxiliary input" and record the live stram to mp3 or whatever format you want to.

dBpoweramp Music Converter - mp3 converter, FLAC, WAV, AAC and Apple Losslesss. Free Download (21 day full trial), start converting today

or get the latest beta here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2424

Comment

• Unregistered

I knew this way. I used a free MS WM encoder instead of "auxiliary input". Recording from a soundcard WAV out (live stream) takes much more time and recourses and gives worse quality.
      rtsp is not secure for Streambox or Net Transport. The Streambox and Net Transport download the streams outside our LAN. The problem is with our LAN configuration. How to configure StreamBox and Net Transport network settings the same way as RealPlayer configured itself?
      Originally posted by Razgo
      rtsp usually means it's on a secure site. so just download "auxiliary input" and record the live stram to mp3 or whatever format you want to.

dBpoweramp Music Converter - mp3 converter, FLAC, WAV, AAC and Apple Losslesss. Free Download (21 day full trial), start converting today

or get the latest beta here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2424

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

How to configure StreamBox and Net Transport network settings the same way as RealPlayer configured itself?
        ok i dont think i am understanding the questions then.

if it's not secure then you can just save the URL link as a text file to reveal the location of the music file to then download and convert off line.

do you have an example link to a file you want to convert?

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
          I knew this way. I used a free MS WM encoder instead of "auxiliary input". Recording from a soundcard WAV out (live stream) takes much more time and recourses and gives worse quality.
          rtsp is not secure for Streambox or Net Transport. The Streambox and Net Transport download the streams outside our LAN. The problem is with our LAN configuration. How to configure StreamBox and Net Transport network settings the same way as RealPlayer configured itself?
          Well, if your file is in fact a meta-file (check the extension of the file in that url), then you have to go down to the ingredient files that it streams. You may or may not be able to download and save those. If you can't because it's from a streaming or otherwise protected server, you'll have no choice but to use Auxiliary input. If you can't download and save the file itself from the url for the same reasons, well, then that's really your only option.

Comment

Working...

]]>